Re: crypto comm

Gigu chan

  There  was an episode  on “Adam 12”  where the bad guys  used to tune into  Police Comms…  and naturally  the Dukes of hazard…  of course I’m making light of the situation…  when the switch is thrown  here in Suffolk county…  I’ll sell my scanners and find another hobby.Maybe  concentrate  on HF

From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark French
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2019 21:43
To: main@uniden.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Uniden] crypto comm

In Houston back in the 70s and 80s we had several cases of crooks using scanners but they were caught because they didn't' know the lingo and the simplex frequencies being used. This was in the analoge days.before the digital systems came on line. The only complaint I have is the HFD Tac channels being encrypted. I can see the arson and investigations channels being encrypted but the fire scene channels I just don't see the reason for it.