Re: crypto comm

Gigu chan

Agreed.

From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Toomajian
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2019 14:00
To: main@uniden.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Uniden] crypto comm

Rather than think I know better than what these agencies need,  I thank my lucky stars that I could listen to some great communications in the 80's just by programming a Bearcat or a Radio Shack Pro-200X.

I believe I lived through a unique time when crystals weren't needed and Tom Kneitel published frequencies that are today encrypted 99+% of the time.

It was fun.  I was fortunate.  I'm thankful and I've moved on to other hobbies.

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019, 1:07 PM ihc53 <ihc53@...> wrote:

99 percent of police traffic should be in the clear, unencrypted.  And you are quite right, when everything is encrypted and in the shadows it will smack of "secret police."

With very few exceptions,  everything should be open to the taxpayers to hear.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A