Re: BCT15X Sensitivity

Walter Rymarczyk

I have a Stridsberg multicoupler, it’s amplified.  I find my 536 works better with the supplied whip antenna than with the discone on the multicoupler.  I think the multicoupler overloads the already sensitive 536.  It works well with my Icom 8500 though.
Walt

Walter Rymarczyk
2650 N Lakeview Ave No 1407
Chicago, IL 60614

On Dec 10, 2021, at 1:49 PM, GM7BNF via groups.io <gm7bnf@...> wrote:

This mulicoupler, is it buffered by each having an built in attenuator? If not it could be an input impeadance/loading issue.

Try the discone direct to the radio first, then comeback.

Mike

On 10 December 2021, at 13:49, Leslie Polt <ljpolt@...> wrote:

This venerable analog-only model is still being offered new, and I recently purchased NIB from reputable electronics retailer. Primarily for civil/mil airbands. My attic discone feeds the 15X and 3  ICOM receivers (7100, 8500, 8600) through a multicoupler, so all are receiving the same signal. 15 miles from BWI the ICOMs clearly pick up transmissions that the 15X does not hear; even some controllers are breaking squelch with S-5 signals on the ICOMs, the Uniden hears nothing. The same with many aircraft comms; parking all receivers on the same freq. the ICOM misses what the others hear. Close Call is disabled and there is 0 attenuation. Am I overlooking another setting? Using ProScan. Thanks.
Les Polt
Towson, MD.