Re: crypto comm

Joe M.

Except that many of them WERE caught by the public complaining
about their actions, and many of those were heard via scanners.

Just sayin'.

Agreed there only a few bad apples by percentage comparison, but
hiding actions is going to do nothing but increase those numbers.

Only criminals should fear the sunlight.

Joe M.

On 11/10/2019 6:44 PM, Don Curtis wrote:

Of course there are bad cops, and I guarantee you won't catch them by
listening to dispatch.

There's bad people in every group. I would bet as a percentage, the
police are way towards the bottom compared to other groups.

There are close to 1 million sworn police officers in the US. 1% of 1
million is 10,000 and I seriously doubt there are 10,000 law breaking
cops out there.

Just saying...

On November 10, 2019 4:17:44 PM "don robinson via Groups.Io"
<don_551=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Not "nuff said"; read the recent news about police offices- hundreds
of them- convicted of terrible crimes, including murder, were still
allowed to remain on the force and that was kept from the public. If
you don't want to know right from wrong, that supports wrong and it
just gets worse.

On Sunday, November 10, 2019, 10:16:51 AM PST, Don Curtis
<don.curtis@att.net> wrote:

You all seem to forget... That unencrypted police radio means it is
unencrypted for YOU and the criminals in town too.

26 years as a police officer in Denver, CO and while not frequent,
there were many times where (especially burglars, youth gangs and
outlaw motorcycle groups) used scanners to avoid capture.

Being able to listen to public safety radio is NOT a "right" but just
a desire. Public safety is a government function and the "government"
is elected by you and represents the citizens. The voting public has
100% control of public agencies.

Nuff said.

On November 10, 2019 10:59:00 AM "ihc53" <ihc53@twc.com> wrote:

99 percent of police traffic should be in the clear, unencrypted.
And you are quite right, when everything is encrypted and in the
shadows it will smack of "secret police."

With very few exceptions, everything should be open to the taxpayers
to hear.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A