Re: BC796D powers up in mute mode

Joe M.

Try turning the mute off, then read the scanner, then write back and see what happens. It could be a part of the RAM in the scanner going bad. That unit is only what? 20 years old?

Joe M.

On 11/18/2021 4:58 PM, Tim L wrote:
Hi Don,
I have the original uniden software and proscan software. I have done a
factory reset (2,9,Hold Power on) and then tried to upload the program
from uniden software and after i turn off the radio and back on it goes
back into mute mode. the mute goes off if i hit the mute button. the
weird thing is i bought my second 796 this summer and i did not have the
mute issue until i started using the software. now it always powers on
in mute mode just like my first 796. any other thoughts?