Re: SDS Radios

John C. Lowe

To Dewey: I keep reading in these threads that the SDS’s scan slower. Just how much slower and is it recognizable enough to make a difference?
Thanks,
Gianni

On Sep 3, 2021, at 9:59 AM, Kurt WA3TOY via groups.io <arswa3toy@...> wrote:

Be aware that a lot of the Eastern Shore is going encripted.

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 9:27, Bob Stern via groups.io
Dewey and anyone else:

Forgive my ignorance. I just moved to Maryland from Pennsylvania. All my scanners are older analog models. They served me well in PA but are limited here.

My primary counties of interest are Queen Anne’s and PG. Am also interested in all Eastern Shore counties. I am living in QAC and have relative PO in PG.

Which handheld scanner should I buy?
Would the Home Patrol work?

I no longer have windows computers for programming.

Thanks,

Bobby

——-
I think you'll get differing opinions, but my personal opinion, worth what you're paying for it, is that the SDS' biggest, biggest, biggest, biggest difference is the simulcast reception, what the SDS was designed for. I know that has been said many many times already, but I'm a firm believer after personally experiencing the difference on the PG County, MD (https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6341) TDMA system. Other than that, the x36 series scans faster, but the SDS has the highly customizable screens.

Dewey