Re: Ludlow, MA - DMR

Jim Walls

On 05/21/2021 21:03, Maggie O'Connor wrote:
Jim - My analog scanner is a BCXLT245.  Not sure how to ensure that I am listening carrier squelch (no PL).  Maybe it doesn't have that option?  It's just programmed as conventional.  And, yes, I'm hearing nothing.  Can't find any other report of another frequency or that it's encrypted.
Yes, all scanners can listen carrier squelch.  If you don't program a tone or digital code squelch, it's operating carrier squelch. Easy test, turn the squelch knob all the way one way or the other. If it's receiving carrier squelch, one of those will result in white noise.

Jim Walls - K6CCC
jim@k6ccc.org
Ofc: 818-548-4804
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/k6ccc/