Re: Some Help...

robertwichert

My area still has conventional simulcast with trunking and digital is “being implemented” so the 246 works fine.

Check out radio reference dot com to see what’s in your area.

Butel has software for programming the 246. If they are no longer selling it, I can send you a copy. If they are selling it, you should consider buying it. It helps a lot.

Keep asking questions. Scanners are helpers!

Robert P. Wichert P.Eng.
LEED AP BD&C
HERS I & HERS II
CEPE & CEA RES & NON-RES
+1 916 966 9060
FAX +1 916 966 9068

On Oct 31, 2019, at 3:56 PM, Lisa Andre <landre1020@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you, Robert. I’ll have a look.

Lisa.
On Oct 31, 2019, at 5:57 PM, robertwichert <robert@wichert.org> wrote:

If you can tell us where you live, Lisa, I can look up what's there on RadioReference.com or you can.

There are plenty of areas that still have systems that the 246 can track.

I live in Sacramento and it works for me.

Robert Wichert PEng LEED AP
Office: +1 916 966 9060
Mobile: +1 916 712 4481

On 10/31/2019 1:06 PM, Lisa Andre wrote:
Found it. Uniden TrunkTracker III. BC246T

Lisa.
On Oct 31, 2019, at 1:57 PM, Joe M. <mch@nb.net> wrote:

Which model and where are you located?

Joe M.

On 10/31/2019 1:53 PM, Lisa Andre wrote:
Have had a scanner for a few years but have not used it much. I have moved and would like to get going on it again. What should I do first?

Thanks, Lisa.