Re: Amplified Speaker

Jim Walls

On 05/09/2021 14:35, Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) wrote:

I use something like this on my radios: HSN4031A There is plenty of level without an additional amp. I'm sure that Motorola spent a lot of time and money on engineering a speaker that is not only efficient, but good for voice. If this doesn't have enough level it may be time to check the batteries in your hearing aids.

The HSN4031A is a non-amplified speaker.  Will not get driven well from a headphone jack.  It will work fine with a radio that has an EXTERNAL SPEAKER jack.

Jim Walls - K6CCC
jim@...
Ofc:  818-548-4804
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/k6ccc/