BCT15X recording output connected to aux in on Pioneer CD/radio.
Sounds good!
Allows separate volume control of scanner's built-in speaker, too.

On Thursday, May 6, 2021, 08:27:30 PM PDT, George Marinoff via groups.io <gmarinoff@...> wrote:

I have the BC23A Uniden speaker installed in my vehicle for my HP436.  Great sound and volume but I really don't like the AUTO OFF feature.  If there isn't constant radio traffic and the radio is silent, you will miss the first transmission when radio traffic resumes.  Also, when navigating the radio, you will not hear the first beep when pressing the keypad.  Being conditioned to hear a beep every time a keypad is pressed, I would think my first keypad stroke didn't take.  I found, pressing down on the volume knob twice would activate the speaker and then I would complete my keypad strokes hearing all beeps.  It would be nice to be able to disable this auto off feature, but I am completely satisfied with this speaker and glad I purchased it.

George

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Sayles <csayles@...>
To: main@uniden.groups.io
Sent: Thu, May 6, 2021 3:16 pm
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Amplified Speaker

Thanks everyone for the input!

Those of you who run the BC23A Uniden speaker do you find issues with the auto off feature on this speaker? Have you disabled it?

Good input on the aux input through the stereo or an FM modulator too..

Chris

On May 6, 2021, at 11:17 AM, azpowells <azpowells@...> wrote:

I have a Uniden BC23A in my Can Am Side x Side for my intercom & VHF radio and it works great and is very rugged and I highly recommend this speaker. Good luck.
 Wayne Powell
On 5/6/2021 8:02 AM, Chris Sayles wrote:
Hello Group,

Looking for suggestions and installation notes for an amplified external speaker to mount in my car to listen to my BCD436HP.

Seems the scanner itself does not have enough output to drive any non amplified speaker I have tried. Especially when driving...

Also, any recommendations for using a relay or external switch to turn the powered speaker on/off In order to not run down the battery when the car is off?

Thanks all for the input!

Chris
KK6AAR