Re: Amplified Speaker

KD6MDV

I have had no issues with my BC23A

Tim, KD6MDV

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 12:38, Chris Sayles
<csayles@...> wrote:
Thanks everyone for the input!

Those of you who run the BC23A Uniden speaker do you find issues with the auto off feature on this speaker? Have you disabled it?

Good input on the aux input through the stereo or an FM modulator too..

Chris

On May 6, 2021, at 11:17 AM, azpowells <azpowells@...> wrote:

I have a Uniden BC23A in my Can Am Side x Side for my intercom & VHF radio and it works great and is very rugged and I highly recommend this speaker. Good luck.

 Wayne Powell

On 5/6/2021 8:02 AM, Chris Sayles wrote:
Hello Group,

Looking for suggestions and installation notes for an amplified external speaker to mount in my car to listen to my BCD436HP.

Seems the scanner itself does not have enough output to drive any non amplified speaker I have tried. Especially when driving...

Also, any recommendations for using a relay or external switch to turn the powered speaker on/off In order to not run down the battery when the car is off?

Thanks all for the input!

Chris
KK6AAR