Re: Amplified Speaker

Joe M.

Actually, what I said was "the 43(6) does not
have an external speaker jack." (typo corrected)

It DOES have an earphone jack which is
not the same as an external speaker jack.

Joe M.

On 5/6/2021 1:15 PM, don robinson via groups.io wrote:
Yikes! I lept before looking; seeing Joe M's response about no audio
output on the 436.....Maybe a headphone jack can be added from the
speaker to the case.

On Thursday, May 6, 2021, 08:14:13 AM PDT, Chris Sayles
<csayles@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Group,

Looking for suggestions and installation notes for an amplified external
speaker to mount in my car to listen to my BCD436HP.

Seems the scanner itself does not have enough output to drive any non
amplified speaker I have tried. Especially when driving...

Also, any recommendations for using a relay or external switch to turn
the powered speaker on/off In order to not run down the battery when the
car is off?

Thanks all for the input!

Chris
KK6AAR