Re: Amplified Speaker

Rick

I still have about a dozen Amplified Speakers in stock. All used and working.

Rick
Panda Comm
312.450.2485

On May 6, 2021, at 10:24 AM, Patrick Gauen via groups.io <p_gauen=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

If they’re still available, the Radio Shack amplified mobile speaker worked great for me, and remained reliable through years of use. I used an inline power switch on its 12v supply and it worked well. I think the speaker has a relay that shuts it off when there’s no audio. The stores are gone, but RS still sells online.

On May 6, 2021, at 10:14, Chris Sayles <csayles@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Group,

Looking for suggestions and installation notes for an amplified external speaker to mount in my car to listen to my BCD436HP.

Seems the scanner itself does not have enough output to drive any non amplified speaker I have tried. Especially when driving...

Also, any recommendations for using a relay or external switch to turn the powered speaker on/off In order to not run down the battery when the car is off?

Thanks all for the input!

Chris
KK6AAR