Re: Amplified Speaker

don robinson

If your car has an audio AUX port, use a stereo patch cord from the headphone output to the AUX input and listen over the stereo. I have a car that has one and a car that doesn't have an AUX port, and in that car I installed an FM modulator. The FM modulator does the same thing as the AUX port,allowing me to patch in an audio sourceĀ  (mpe3, scanner, etc.) to play over the stereo. If your car has a cassette player, a cassette adapter is a cheap and simple solution.

Good luck.

On Thursday, May 6, 2021, 08:14:13 AM PDT, Chris Sayles <csayles@...> wrote:

Hello Group,

Looking for suggestions and installation notes for an amplified external speaker to mount in my car to listen to my BCD436HP.

Seems the scanner itself does not have enough output to drive any non amplified speaker I have tried. Especially when driving...

Also, any recommendations for using a relay or external switch to turn the powered speaker on/off In order to not run down the battery when the car is off?

Thanks all for the input!

Chris
KK6AAR