Re: Ludlow, MA - DMR

Joe M.

If they are using conventional DMR, you have two choices:

1. Keep it as-is but change the audio type to DIGITAL ONLY and program the color code.

2. Program it as a one-frequency-trunk and then you can select the talkgroups you want to hear.

If they upgraded from analog to DMR AND upgraded to a trunked
system, you would have to program that as a new system type.

Joe M.

On 5/4/2021 10:23 PM, Maggie O'Connor wrote:
Assuming I have the DMR license, which I'm pretty sure I do, is there
anything else I have to do to receive transmissions from the Ludlow, MA
police? They are listed in the RR DB as DMR (Color Code 5) and were
previously listed at CTCSS. It appears to be on the same frequency they
have had for years.

Would I have to update my FL assuming it's the same Service Type, which
is turned on?

Thanks very much,

- Maggie