Re: No sound on search results.

Joe M.

On control channels you hear nothing. You see the color
code, and usually the slot flashes between 1 and 2.

Joe M.

On 4/15/2021 3:27 PM, Evan Platt wrote:
I believe encrypted traffic would be silent / no sound. Control
channel I can't recall what you'd hear, if anything.

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 4:33 AM Kev Myles via groups.io
<wkevinm=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:

Yes Sir, that could be the case, but it was silent, no sound. EncMode was on Tone and EncLevel -24. The Adc gain -2. DacGain -5. The later two settings I found on Radio Reference. “Especially for mobile” it said.
On Apr 15, 2021, at 12:54 AM, Evan Platt <evan@espphotography.com> wrote:

Potentially it's either a control channel, or encrypted.

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 2:46 PM Kev Myles via groups.io
<wkevinm=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:

Did a search on my 996P2 today and found DMR frequencies 854.8125 and 855.5625 which I heard talking on, but mostly stopped on 856.225 where there was no sound at all, but could see Slot numbers and Color numbers underneath the frequency. Example; Slot: 1 Color: 7, or Slot: 2 Color: 4. No Sound, or talking. Are there any settings I need to change? Thanks in advance.