Re: Uniden Sentinel missing some CA Trunked systems?

richard@...

The are channels that allow talk between units of different Cities and then Countywide Channels.

From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joel Kahn
Sent: Sunday, October 4, 2020 12:59 PM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Uniden Sentinel missing some CA Trunked systems?

Richard:

Looking at the Radioreference data for Orange County

It appears that almost all talk groups- Law Enforcement and Fire are encrypted which means that no scanner can legally hear these communications.

The exception looks like Anaheim and most area's public works have some unencrypted T/G.

Joel

Comme dicté à mon chat et envoyé de mon ordinateur de bureau.
(As dictated to my cat and sent from my desktop computer.)

On Sunday, October 4, 2020, 01:56:23 PM EDT, richard@... <richard@...> wrote:

Once Orange County (Ca) went through the Re-Banding my scanners stopped receiving the Trunked System.  I have gone as far as sending one of my scanners in to Uniden.  They confirmed that everything was ok an d I have the correct database.  I worked in Public Safety in OC during the planning for Re-Banding. The contractors asked all of the users if we had scanners that would need to be upgraded.  We included the cost of replacing our scanners just in case. I was retired just as the started to replace radios so this wasn't an issue I got involved in. Has anyone found a fix for this issue on the Uniden BCD436HP?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

> Yes, P25 is listed. I missed that before. I didn't remember that Type
> II supported that, as Type II systems are becoming obscure.

SmartZone can be analog only, digital only, or mixed mode.
        Sy
Jim Walls - K6CCC
jim@...
Ofc:  818-548-4804