Re: Uniden Sentinel missing some CA Trunked systems?

richard@...

All the radios are the same.  An encryption key is loaded into the program information loaded into the program mask.  So since I had a radio issued to me county communications could load all the channels that I was authorized to use.  If the radio had a problem they would take a radio off the shelf load my radios template and I was done.  One side note If I needed to talk to a unit from another City or Organization, notice the colors and how they are used.  The Chief of Police or head of an organization has to sign off on anyone having access to his system.

From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joel Kahn
Sent: Sunday, October 4, 2020 12:59 PM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Uniden Sentinel missing some CA Trunked systems?

Richard:

Looking at the Radioreference data for Orange County

It appears that almost all talk groups- Law Enforcement and Fire are encrypted which means that no scanner can legally hear these communications.

The exception looks like Anaheim and most area's public works have some unencrypted T/G.

Joel

Comme dicté à mon chat et envoyé de mon ordinateur de bureau.
(As dictated to my cat and sent from my desktop computer.)

On Sunday, October 4, 2020, 01:56:23 PM EDT, richard@... <richard@...> wrote:

Once Orange County (Ca) went through the Re-Banding my scanners stopped receiving the Trunked System.  I have gone as far as sending one of my scanners in to Uniden.  They confirmed that everything was ok an d I have the correct database.  I worked in Public Safety in OC during the planning for Re-Banding. The contractors asked all of the users if we had scanners that would need to be upgraded.  We included the cost of replacing our scanners just in case. I was retired just as the started to replace radios so this wasn't an issue I got involved in. Has anyone found a fix for this issue on the Uniden BCD436HP?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

> Yes, P25 is listed. I missed that before. I didn't remember that Type
> II supported that, as Type II systems are becoming obscure.

SmartZone can be analog only, digital only, or mixed mode.
        Sy
Jim Walls - K6CCC
jim@...
Ofc:  818-548-4804