Re: Uniden Sentinel missing some CA Trunked systems?

Joel Kahn

FYI Richard

The entire country had to reband to trade cellular frequencies for Public Service frequencies.  I thought that the deadline for this was years ago?

If your 436 was OK'd by Uniden, it means you already have the firmware upgrade that was released to handle the rebanding (or they did it while they had the radio).

I don't think your problem is rebanding, I think it is encryption of talk groups.

Your system has multiple transmitters so you need to have (at least) the control frequencies for towers close to you programmed.  If you do, the radio should periodically stop momentarily (maybe make a garbled noise) and resume scanning when someone transmits on an encrypted talk group.

Joel

Comme dicté à mon chat et envoyé de mon ordinateur de bureau.
(As dictated to my cat and sent from my desktop computer.)