Re: Uniden Sentinel missing some CA Trunked systems?

Joe M.

Not sure what an 818# means. If you mean a frequency of 818 MHz, that is an input frequency and is not used on scanners. Use the output of 863.

Joe M.

On 10/4/2020 2:23 PM, richard@... wrote:
Did I see you have an 818 #? I ask because I don't want to repeat what you already know. We were in the area that had to switch some frequencies with Nextel. At that same time the Countywide System was nearing 10 years old. Each organization in the County that is a stake holder had to put in their share of the infrastructure cost. Nextel paid its share of the total cost. The stakeholders opted to update the entire system including handhelds, base stations and our share of the system front end including, antennas, microwaves. I retired near the end of planning.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe M.
Sent: Sunday, October 4, 2020 10:59 AM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Uniden Sentinel missing some CA Trunked systems?

Rebanding is simple:

1. Program the system frequencies 15 MHz lower.
(866-869 goes to 851-854)

2. If it's a non-P25 system, add the rebanding tables.

That is all you need to do.

Are you sure they did not do more than rebanding?
Such as change to a new system?

Joe M.

On 10/4/2020 1:50 PM, richard@... wrote:
Once Orange County (Ca) went through the Re-Banding my scanners stopped receiving the Trunked System. I have gone as far as sending one of my scanners in to Uniden. They confirmed that everything was ok an d I have the correct database. I worked in Public Safety in OC during the planning for Re-Banding. The contractors asked all of the users if we had scanners that would need to be upgraded. We included the cost of replacing our scanners just in case. I was retired just as the started to replace radios so this wasn't an issue I got involved in. Has anyone found a fix for this issue on the Uniden BCD436HP?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.