Re: Uniden Sentinel missing some CA Trunked systems?

Evan Platt

Isn't SmartZone the old Analog system?
San Francisco is Smartone, and now for the first time I've noticed
there's digital talkgroups listed there...

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=60

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 3:01 PM Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:

That's easily explained.

Easier one first. The second one has no TGs. Solution:
Add some TGs to RR to make the system monitorable to the scanner.

First one is a Smartnet digital system. Not sure what type of digital
that is, but it's not P25 which means it's not supported by the scanner.
Same solution: Add some monitorable TGs.

Doing the above both will be usable by Sentinel. If this is not
possible, there is no point in Sentinel showing systems you cannot monitor.

Joe M.

On 9/29/2020 4:57 PM, Wayne Smith wrote:
Uniden friends,

I've been having an issue with the Uniden Sentinel software for a while
now. It concerns two of the systems listed in the CA Trunked section of
Radioreference:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?stid=6&tab=trs

Two of the systems listed in RadioReference don't show up in the
Sentinel database. They are:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6719

and

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9937

These two are the (relatively old) LA County REACT trunked system and
the (relatively new) Ventura County trunked system. Both of these
systems are consistently missing from the Sentinel weekly download;
however, I can program the systems directly into my SDS 100 and 200
scanners with no problems. There may be other systems like those as well.

I contacted Uniden support in June of this year. They weren't aware of
the issue upon my call. They verified the issue and they said they
would look into it. I've seen no change since then.

Both of these systems appear in the download for the EZ-Scan software
used for Whistler scanners and program automatically just fine.

Can anybody confirm this anomaly? Or perhaps the systems are "somewhere
else" in the Sentinel database other than where they would ordinarily
appear? Or am I doing something wrong? Does this occur, routinely or
intermittently, with other systems, trunked or conventional? Or?

Thanks,

Wayne