Re: P25 for Cheap

Donald Lambert <banjodhl@...>

Never is a very long time. Sad to say that if the manufacturers see a big enough profit in it they can buy a dispensation from the F.C.C.

Very little if anything (that I know of) has been done by the F.C.C. to curtail the TV and grow light manufactures products from emitting stray rf being emitted from their products.

Thought for the week:

Without CW it's just CB
-Jess-
Any and all communications herein are the sole property of the email sender and originator. Any electronic intercept of this communication constitutes a violation of 50 U.S.C. § 1861(b)(2) of The Patriot Act. The use of this information in informal or formal proceedings, charges, investigations or indictments is strictly prohibited and rendered null and void if obtained without a warrant."
-------------------------------

On Saturday, November 9, 2019, 6:37:03 PM PST, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:

I agree if by "Won’t be long" you mean "NEVER".

There are a few issues preventing this.

1. The manufacturers will never make decryption available. It would
never pass FCC Type Acceptance for a consumer product since it would
violate FCC rules.

2. The manufacturers will never try to pull one over on the FCC because
they would be making products intended to violate FCC law. Any
manufacturer who tries this will soon be out of business due to FCC
fines which would escalate with each violation. Nobody has pockets that
deep - especially to pacify a bunch of scanner users.

3. Let's say the above is wrong and they can add decryption. You really
think the system owner is going to give YOU the key? Without that, you
can try 1 key per second and still never find the right one in your
lifetime. If it were that simple there would be PC software that would
decrypt.

Again, never gonna happen. Not in a commercial consumer product.

Joe M.