Re: SDS-100 Charging

JD

My SDS100 has been plugged in (usb) and perched on a metal stand for over a year now - 12-14 hrs a day and in a hard leather case from Scanner Master. No heat no worries. In fact, I have not had any problems with my SDS100 or my SDS200 that was not my fault. I snapped the battery compartment clip and  Uniden send me a new one. My big Uniden Problem. They were on it like a duck on a June bug. Great radios.

I do not work for, nor am I affiliated with the Uniden Corporation.

On Sunday, August 23, 2020, 12:09:01 PM EDT, Jeff Lastname via groups.io <cowtipper9@...> wrote:

Just bough SDS-100 and I'm afraid to charge the unit with battery inside so will buy external charger and extra battery. Unit does get very hot and probably will last longer using external charger. Only drawback is the flimsy design of the radio, which has the latch on the bottom you have to open and close. It can easily break and then requires a replacement part. I think the way they designed the radio is awful. The radio reception and features on the screen are excellent, but the design is really lousy. Also the antenna doesn't fit standard SMA antennas like the Diamond SRH77CA. I was sold this antenna since it should have fit, but due to Uniden's design of the antenna mount and the desire to keep it water proof the standard SMA antenna doesn't fit. You have to use the SMA/BNC converter and that results in losing the water proof design. I still like the radio but just wish they had worked out these issues first. Maybe they will in a redesign.