Given the updated info, I'm 99% sure it's due to incorrect formatting.
It would cause every single symptom described.

Joe M.

On 7/2/2020 8:27 PM, John Svensson via groups.io wrote:
Possibly you have a bad power cord, and/or a bad jack on your computer

-----Original Message-----
From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe M.
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 01:04
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Clear User Data on 3600 / 436

And it's formatted as FAT?

Joe M.

On 7/1/2020 2:35 AM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
I have tried clearing tbe card in my laptop and in the radio, it wofks
in the laptop. I've already said the card has been formatted,
reloaded, the radio reset etc. I did notice last night when I plug my
cable in it doesn't register anywhere on the laotop like device
manager. I cant get the radio to give me the message USB Mass Storage
or whether to charge it

-- On Tuesday, 30 June 2020 Joe M. <main@Uniden.groups.io> wrote:

Do you have a card reader?

Joe M.