Re: Clear User Data on 3600 / 436

Joe M.

All of that is good info, but does not apply to the Uniden scanners.

Joe M.

On 7/1/2020 5:40 PM, kenstark@... wrote:

Extended File Allocation Table (exFAT)

The exFAT file system was introduced in 2006 and was added to older
versions of Windows with updates to Windows XP and Windows Vista. exFAT
is optimized for flash drives
<https://www.howtogeek.com/73178/what-file-system-should-i-use-for-my-usb-drive/>—designed
to be a lightweight file system like FAT32, but without the extra
features and over head of NTFS and without the limitations of FAT32.

Like NTFS, exFAT has very large limits on file and partition sizes.,
allowing you to store files much larger than the 4 GB allowed by FAT32.

*Compatibility*: Works with all versions of Windows and modern versions
of Mac OS X, but requires additional software on Linux. More devices
support exFAT than support NTFS, *but some—particularly older ones—may
only support FAT32.*

Ideal Use: Assuming that every device you want to use the drive with
supports exFAT, you should format your device with exFAT instead of FAT32.
*While exFAT is generally ideal for flash drives. However, you may
sometimes need to format an external drive with FAT32 if exFAT isn’t
supported on a device you need to use it with.*

/*Thanks.......and Keep Safe!
*/
/*Ken Stark SEE YOU ON-THE-RADIO. */

/*W4KJS*/

/*WQCB806*/

/*WPC4KJS*/

/*KNC4GS*/

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 05:13:18 PM EDT, Andrew via groups.io
<andrewirvine2311=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have a cable for my 3500 (?396) I haven't tried it.

*Andrew, Morecambe*