an SDR. Enable the timestamps on the waterfall.

That will also allow much more detailed analysis of the signal later.

Joe M.

On 6/30/2020 8:02 PM, KA9QJG wrote:
Can Anyone recommend a recorder that actually records the date and
time and on playback it actually shows that I have been recording
someone jamming a PD freq and I may have to use that info in the
investigation

Thanks

Everyone Please Stay Safe and Healthy

Don KA9QJG

*From:*main@Uniden.groups.io [mailto:main@Uniden.groups.io] *On Behalf
Of *don robinson via groups.io
*Sent:* Tuesday, June 30, 2020 6:21 PM
*To:* main@uniden.groups.io; main@Uniden.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [Uniden] Recording

I would use a digital voice recorder set on VOX, patched to the
scanner's headphone output with an attenuating TRS cord (to stop
amplifier hiss). Olympus makes a few models that can run all day like
that on one set of batteries. You don't get the benefit of visual read
out, but you can save hours of audio to review later.

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 01:18:44 PM PDT, Kev Myles via groups.io
<wkevinm@...> wrote:

What can I use to record scanner activity on my BCD996P2 besides using
my computer? Thanks!