Re: Recording

Randy Hall

Hi

Freescan is good for programming your scanner and it will record a clip everytime it stops on a signal. It does require a Win PC running with a serial control cable (same as used for programming) and an audio connection to the PC. It works great, and it is FREE.

I usually leave it running 24/7 and every few days I clear out the audio files. Sure is handy to listen to what happened when the sirens are heard or someone says what happened  yesterday afternoon?

Randy, K7AGE

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 2:18 PM Walter Rymarczyk via groups.io <kc9syx=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you’ve got $81, I like the Sangean DAR-101, it’s on Amazon and records to MP3 files on a thumbnail drive.  It has both mic and line level inputs.  It will only use SD thumbnail cards though, not HC or XC.
Walt

Walter Rymarczyk
2650 N Lakeview Ave #1407
Chicago, IL 60614

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 3:47 PM -0500, "Joe M." <mch@...> wrote:

Sorry for that. Hit SEND too soon.

Anything that records and has a line input can be used.

I guess technically if it only has a
mic you can use that to record, too.

Joe M.