Re: Identifying digital

Jim Walls

On 06/18/2020 13:52, sckeith@shaw.ca wrote:
Hello

I've been listening  to the railway frequencies and the 160MHz range lately and there are 2 frequencies where my scanner always stops (162.87 and 162.075 in my area) due to activity. On these 2 channels there is what I would call a continuous grinding sound, quite annoying to listen to but if you look at them in the waterfall of an SDR you can see that it's just not noise, it's data. Is there anywhere I could go to identify what I'm hearing.
Most likely NXDN - since that is what the railroads will all eventually be using.

Jim Walls - K6CCC
jim@k6ccc.org
Ofc: 818-548-4804
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/k6ccc/