Signal interruptus

Rick Newman

Edited

I'm still learning the intricacies of this fine receiver. I have likewise downloaded and studied the "easier to read manual" but haven't yet discovered the reason why the "P25/DATA/LINK" screen icon continues to blink. It does so when there are no signals as well as when there are resulting in broken or interrupted transmissions. I've also not been able to determine the procedure for assigning different colors to the LED in the top left corner of the front panel; nothing fancy...blue for police, red for fire etc.
Any help or direction as to where these things may be found in the "easier to read" manual would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Joe M.

The P25/DTA/LNK will flash as a system is scanned. This is normal.

Be sure you have disabled: WX Priority, Channel Priority, and Close Call, as those will also create gaps.

The alert light can be found under the Alert Light settings in Sentinel or in the menu.

Joe M.

On 12/1/2020 2:20 PM, Rick Newman wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]

I'm still learning the intricacies of this fine receiver. I have
likewise downloaded and studied the "easier to read manual" but haven't
yet discovered the reason why the "P25/DATA/LINK" screen icon continues
to blink. It does so when there are no signals as well as when there are
resulting in broken or interrupted transmissions. I've also not been
able to determine the procedure for assigning different colors to the
LED in the top left corner of the front panel; nothing fancy...blue for
police, red for fire etc.
Any help or direction as to where these things may be found in the
"easier to read" manual would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Rick Newman

I do have WX priority enabled which I will disable immediately. The flashing I can live with but not the broken transmissions. Regarding the alert light settings I now have some direction and I thank you very much for all Joe!

Rick