turn off CTCSS on homepatrol

markaouellette@...

Is it possible to turn off the CTCSS function on the HP-1? One of the departments that I monitor has apparently changed pl and I can no longer copy them, but can receive them on an older scanner with open pl.

Thanks in advance!

Joe M.

Yes. I don't recall the exact nomenclature but it's OFF or a SEARCH or something like that.

Joe M.

On Feb 15, 2014, at 5:55 PM, <markaouellette@...> wrote:

Is it possible to turn off the CTCSS function on the HP-1? One of the departments that I monitor has apparently changed pl and I can no longer copy them, but can receive them on an older scanner with open pl.

Thanks in advance!

bob_peloquin

The frequency database now has it wrong.  So how do you fix this?  Simple - find out what the correct CTCSS tone is and SUBMIT it to RadioReference for inclusion in the database.

If you want to temporarily fix it till this happens, copy that channel to a favorites list and then edit it in that list to either eliminate the code (so you can see it displayed and discover what it is now) and then SUBMIT it to RadioReference.

The whole concept of the all-encompassing database requires that people submit their information and corrections so that everyone may benefit.  Simply saying "XYZ department has changed it's CTCSS" is not enough.  You, the guy who noticed the problem, have the responsibility for doing your part to make sure it gets fixed.