gps

kg6wni@...

I'm would like to try to hook up my own gps to my HomePatrol-2.

I would like to know what the  name  of connector is that goes to the scanner so I could try to fine the right cable for it.

Thanks Leo

Adam Karsin <ackarsin@...>

I have used the serial programming cable that came with my 996T. I had to put a null modem adapter in line and it worked. I plan to clean up my install by purchasing another cable and cutting the serial end off and direct wiring it to the connector for my GPS  (Garmin 76CSx).

The actual connector appears to be a proprietary connector, at least as far as I have been able to locate.

Best of luck, and if I can offer any assistance let me know.

Adam

On Jun 18, 2015 5:29 PM, "kg6wni@... [HomePatrol-2]" <HomePatrol-2@...> wrote:

I'm would like to try to hook up my own gps to my HomePatrol-2.

I would like to know what the  name  of connector is that goes to the scanner so I could try to fine the right cable for it.

Thanks Leo

Joe M.

The Uniden end is a semi-proprietary connector, but it's the same one used in the programming cables as mentioned, and will work as mentioned. The GPS side is a standard DB-9.

Joe M.

On 6/18/2015 5:53 PM, Adam Karsin ackarsin@gmail.com [HomePatrol-2] wrote:

I have used the serial programming cable that came with my 996T. I had
to put a null modem adapter in line and it worked. I plan to clean up my
install by purchasing another cable and cutting the serial end off and
direct wiring it to the connector for my GPS (Garmin 76CSx).

The actual connector appears to be a proprietary connector, at least as
far as I have been able to locate.

Best of luck, and if I can offer any assistance let me know.

Adam

On Jun 18, 2015 5:29 PM, "kg6wni@yahoo.com <mailto:kg6wni@yahoo.com>
[HomePatrol-2]" <HomePatrol-2@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:HomePatrol-2@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

__

I'm would like to try to hook up my own gps to my HomePatrol-2.

I would like to know what the name of connector is that goes to
the scanner so I could try to fine the right cable for it.

Thanks Leo

No virus found in this message.

tperry@...

The connector is a Hirose MQ172 series 4-pin Micro Miniature interface connector:

.

.