Firmware BCT15x

g.j.bodin@planet.nl <G.J.Bodin@...>

Hi guys,
I just joind this yahoogroup about the BCT15x.
I've got two BCT15x scanners. One has the 1.05.03 firmware and the other has the 1.03.00 firmware. Is it possible to upgrade the older firmware to the latest? When I look at the uniden website I see that the latest firmware version is 1.03.00.
Are the BCT15 and BCT15x really different?
Thanks for the info in advance!
Kind regards,
Jim

Richard Carlson

If you download the firmware updater and try updating the firmware it will bring you to the latest version, which should be the 1.05.03. The informational website might be out of date.

The biggest differences between the 15 and the 15X is the command compatibility with the XT versions, the 15X works with the same command codes as the 996XT and can use software developed for the XT such as ARC-XT.
The BCT15X also has some enhancements in the Fire Tone Out feature that makes it search fire tones more easily. It also supports multi-site trunking and some other enhancements.

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 4:20 AM, 'g.j.bodin@...' G.J.Bodin@... [BCT15X] <BCT15X@...> wrote:

Hi guys,
I just joind this yahoogroup about the BCT15x.
I've got two BCT15x scanners. One has the 1.05.03 firmware and the other has the 1.03.00 firmware. Is it possible to upgrade the older firmware to the latest? When I look at the uniden website I see that the latest firmware version is 1.03.00.
Are the BCT15 and BCT15x really different?
Thanks for the info in advance!
Kind regards,
Jim

Jim Bodin <G.J.Bodin@...>

Thanks for the info!

I'll give it a try!

Grtz
Jim

Op 20 nov. 2017 om 18:12 heeft Richard Carlson n9jig@... [BCT15X] <BCT15X@...> het volgende geschreven:

[...]

Just updated the BCT15x. Works great!
Thanks!
Jim

g.j.bodin@planet.nl'
G.J.Bodin@planet.nl [BCT15X]
<BCT15X@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi guys,
I just joind this yahoogroup about the BCT15x.
I've got two BCT15x scanners. One has the 1.05.03 firmware and the other has the 1.03.00 firmware. Is it possible to upgrade the older firmware to the latest? When I look at the uniden website I see that the latest firmware version is 1.03.00.
Are the BCT15 and BCT15x really different?
Thanks for the info in advance!
Kind regards,
Jim

*#ygrp-mkp {
border: 1.0px solid rgb(216,216,216);
font-family: Arial;
margin: 10.0px 0;
padding: 0 10.0px;
}
*#ygrp-mkp hr {
border: 1.0px solid rgb(216,216,216);
}
*#ygrp-mkp *#hd {
color: rgb(98,140,42);
font-size: 85.0%;
font-weight: 700;
line-height: 122.0%;
margin: 10.0px 0;
}
*#ygrp-mkp *#ads {
margin-bottom: 10.0px;
}
*#ygrp-mkp *.ad {
padding: 0 0;
}
*#ygrp-mkp *.ad p {
margin: 0;
}
*#ygrp-mkp *.ad a {
color: rgb(0,0,255);
text-decoration: none;
}
*#ygrp-sponsor *#ygrp-lc {
font-family: Arial;
}
*#ygrp-sponsor *#ygrp-lc *#hd {
margin: 10.0px 0.0px;
font-weight: 700;
font-size: 78.0%;
line-height: 122.0%;
}
*#ygrp-sponsor *#ygrp-lc *.ad {
margin-bottom: 10.0px;
padding: 0 0;
}
*#actions {
font-family: Verdana;
font-size: 11.0px;
padding: 10.0px 0;
}
*#activity {
background-color: rgb(224,236,238);
float: left;
font-family: Verdana;
font-size: 10.0px;
padding: 10.0px;
}
*#activity span {
font-weight: 700;
}
*#activity span:first-child {
text-transform: uppercase;
}
*#activity span a {
color: rgb(80,133,182);
text-decoration: none;
}
*#activity span span {
color: rgb(255,121,0);
}
*#activity span *.underline {
text-decoration: underline;
}
*.attach {
clear: both;
display: table;
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 12.0px;
padding: 10.0px 0;
width: 400.0px;
}
*.attach div a {
text-decoration: none;
}
*.attach img {
border: none;
padding-right: 5.0px;
}
*.attach label {
display: block;
margin-bottom: 5.0px;
}
*.attach label a {
text-decoration: none;
}
blockquote {
margin: 0 0 0 4.0px;
}
*.bold {
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 13.0px;
font-weight: 700;
}
*.bold a {
text-decoration: none;
}
dd.last p a {
font-family: Verdana;
font-weight: 700;
}
dd.last p span {
margin-right: 10.0px;
font-family: Verdana;
font-weight: 700;
}
dd.last p span.yshortcuts {
margin-right: 0;
}
div.attach-table div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}
div.attach-table {
width: 400.0px;
}
div.file-title a, div.file-title a:active, div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;
}
div.photo-title a, div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;
}
div#ygrp-mlmsg *#ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts {
font-family: Verdana;
font-size: 10.0px;
font-weight: normal;
}
*.green {
color: rgb(98,140,42);
}
*.MsoNormal {
margin: 0 0 0 0;
}
o {
font-size: 0;
}
*#photos div {
float: left;
width: 72.0px;
}
*#photos div div {
border: 1.0px solid rgb(102,102,102);
height: 62.0px;
overflow: hidden;
width: 62.0px;
}
*#photos div label {
color: rgb(102,102,102);
font-size: 10.0px;
overflow: hidden;
text-align: center;
white-space: nowrap;
width: 64.0px;
}
*#reco-category {
font-size: 77.0%;
}
*#reco-desc {
font-size: 77.0%;
}
*.replbq {
margin: 4.0px;
}
*#ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right: 2.0px;
padding-right: 5.0px;
}
*#ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size: 13.0px;
font-family: Arial , helvetica , clean , sans-serif;
}
* font:x-small {
}
*#ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size: inherit;
font: 100.0%;
}
*#ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {
font: 99.0% Arial , Helvetica , clean , sans-serif;
}
*#ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {
font: 115.0% monospace;
}