From: BCT15X@... [mailto:BCT15X@...]
Sent: 25 October 2017 20:24
To: BCT15X@...
Subject: [BCT15X] Dead BCT15X

Thanks to all who answered , MLS eventually rang me but said they also did not repair Uniden scanners and said that Moonraker were the main importer and repairers.

So before I packed the BCT15X to send away I thought I would give it one more try and “hey presto” it came back to life and is now happily scanning away as if nothing happened.

What the ...........? It’s beyond me.

Thanks again ..

Pete , 2 mls East of Halfpenny Green Staffordshire

Peter Hawkes

Maplin XM21X 13.8 Vdc regulated power supply, used for all my scanners

Pete , 2 mls East of Halfpenny Green Staffordshire

Thanks to all who answered , MLS eventually rang me but said they also did not repair Uniden scanners and said that Moonraker were the main importer and repairers.
So before I packed the BCT15X to send away I thought I would give it one more try and “hey presto” it came back to life and is now happily scanning away as if nothing happened.
What the ...........? It’s beyond me.
Thanks again ..

Pete , 2 mls East of Halfpenny Green Staffordshire

David O'Banion

I once had a small problem with the DC jack on mine.
Moving the plug a little made it work.

Maplin XM21X 13.8 Vdc regulated power supply, used for all my scanners

Pete , 2 mls East of Halfpenny Green Staffordshire

Thanks to all who answered , MLS eventually rang me but said they also did not repair Uniden scanners and said that Moonraker were the main importer and repairers.
So before I packed the BCT15X to send away I thought I would give it one more try and “hey presto” it came back to life and is now happily scanning away as if nothing happened.
What the ...........? It’s beyond me.
Thanks again ..

Pete , 2 mls East of Halfpenny Green Staffordshire

WAYNE STAHLER

IT’S called operator error, happens to the best of us most of the time. you will probably never, ever find the cause.

(I believe it’s the internet trolls)

glad it’s working again.

zippy

_____

Maplin XM21X 13.8 Vdc regulated power supply, used for all my scanners

Pete , 2 mls East of Halfpenny Green Staffordshire

Thanks to all who answered , MLS eventually rang me but said they also did not repair Uniden scanners and said that Moonraker were the main importer and repairers.
So before I packed the BCT15X to send away I thought I would give it one more try and “hey presto” it came back to life and is now happily scanning away as if nothing happened.
What the ...........? It’s beyond me.
Thanks again ..

Pete , 2 mls East of Halfpenny Green Staffordshire

Jim Shorney

The DC jack is a weak point. The ground tab on mine broke where it passes
through the PCB. PITA to get to it too...

Jim
NU0C

--

73 & 44,