Using Quick Keys to temporarily turn off Systems/Groups/Channels

michaelrmcdonald4@...

Hello,

New BCD996P2 user. This is not the easiest scanner to program! Decided to go with BuTel ARC XT 2.0 (Windows 8.1, Windows 10 were preventing FREESCAN install due to virus warnings). I have programmed some systems and channels, both conventional & trunked systems, and would now like to temporarily turn some off. I have assigned quick keys, but am having trouble understanding manual instructions on how to turn sytems/channels/groups on & off (not lockout). Anyone have simple tips on how to do this?

Thanks

Joe M.

You cannot control individual Channels with Quick Keys.

For Systems, just press the number of the Quick Key or .## for 2-digit quick keys.

For Groups, press FUNC then the Quick Key number while scanning that System.

Joe M.

On 9/13/2016 1:53 PM, michaelrmcdonald4@yahoo.com [BCD996p2] wrote:
Hello,

New BCD996P2 user. This is not the easiest scanner to program! Decided
to go with BuTel ARC XT 2.0 (Windows 8.1, Windows 10 were preventing
FREESCAN install due to virus warnings). I have programmed some systems
and channels, both conventional & trunked systems, and would now like to
temporarily turn some off. I have assigned quick keys, but am having
trouble understanding manual instructions on how to turn
sytems/channels/groups on & off (not lockout). Anyone have simple tips
on how to do this?

Thanks

No virus found in this message.

cwkotch@...

I've found nothing easy about the BCD996P2 scanner.

I downloaded Proscan trial but still have to have a masters degree in programming. I'd like to have software program like Sentinel for the 996P2.....

radiotronic@...

I use ARC XT Pro by Butel for all 4 99 6P2s and the BCT15Xs.. I run 6
instances of it to control each of the six radios. It is nice.

Butel.nl