undien BCD996P2 optimal settings poor recieve issues

kline Rick

Hi
I am having receive issues with this unit. Service strength is showing between 2 & 3. I occasionally get a data or link message. Once in a great while it will receive traffic well for part of a conversation, then nothing. I have tried different location around the house with no change. I do have the latest firmware

Can any one recommend optimal settings? Like p 25 lp filter (on off),  P25 threshold or any other antenna's or suggestions to help this thing pick up traffic?

Greatly appreciated
Rick

Joe M.

Simulcast system?

Joe M.

On 12/25/2019 8:37 AM, kline Rick via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi
I am having receive issues with this unit. Service strength is showing
between 2 & 3. I occasionally get a data or link message. Once in a
great while it will receive traffic well for part of a conversation,
then nothing. I have tried different location around the house with no
change. I do have the latest firmware

Can any one recommend optimal settings? Like p 25 lp filter (on off),
P25 threshold or any other antenna's or suggestions to help this thing
pick up traffic?

Greatly appreciated
Rick

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

kline Rick

Hi  Sorry I don't really know.  It's the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System. It's a Project 25 Phase I system

Thanks

On 12/25/2019 8:51 PM, Joe M. wrote:
Simulcast system?

Joe M.

On 12/25/2019 8:37 AM, kline Rick via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi
I am having receive issues with this unit. Service strength is showing
between 2 & 3. I occasionally get a data or link message. Once in a
great while it will receive traffic well for part of a conversation,
then nothing. I have tried different location around the house with no
change. I do have the latest firmware

Can any one recommend optimal settings? Like p 25 lp filter (on off),
P25 threshold or any other antenna's or suggestions to help this thing
pick up traffic?

Greatly appreciated
Rick

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Steve

If you are trying to monitor the Lucas County site (Site 001), it definitely is simulcast.
Map of the tower sites for the simulcast can be viewed on RadioReference.

kline Rick

Actually Fulton county is what I am listening to. They run off of Lucas counties system somehow. Our tower is in Wauseon.  it appears to be site 2 by radio refererence I do have the control freq set for that site. The scanner just dont pick it up very well. Usually 3 bars of strength. Thats whats irritating. I dont know if the p25 decode settings needs open up some or what

On 12/26/2019 3:43 PM, Steve wrote:
If you are trying to monitor the Lucas County site (Site 001), it definitely is simulcast.
Map of the tower sites for the simulcast can be viewed on RadioReference.

Joe M.

How far are you from the tower?

Joe M.

<https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteFCCMap&siteId=10883>.