Copy from BCT15X to BCD996P2

Michael WA7SKG

I have a BCT15Xscanner in my truck. I bought a BCD996P2 to replace it as some of the stuff I want to listen to went to P25. I've got a lot of analog stuff in the 15 set how I like it and am used to it. Is there any easy way to copy that to the 996 then start adding the P25 stuff? Or do I need to start basically from scratch with the 996?

I have been using FreeSCAN 2.18-beta6 for programming mt 15. I assume it will program the 996 as well.

Thanks for any ideas.

--
73,
Michael WA7SKG

"Any day you do not learn one new thing is a wasted day."

Milton Engle

Freescan will handle both scanners nicely.

Milt
N3LTQ

On Jul 11, 2021, at 19:31, Michael WA7SKG <wa7skg@wa7skg.com> wrote:

I have a BCT15Xscanner in my truck. I bought a BCD996P2 to replace it as some of the stuff I want to listen to went to P25. I've got a lot of analog stuff in the 15 set how I like it and am used to it. Is there any easy way to copy that to the 996 then start adding the P25 stuff? Or do I need to start basically from scratch with the 996?

I have been using FreeSCAN 2.18-beta6 for programming mt 15. I assume it will program the 996 as well.

Thanks for any ideas.

--
73,
Michael WA7SKG

"Any day you do not learn one new thing is a wasted day."

Steve

You can do this either of two ways in FreeSCAN.

1. Open your file for the 15X in FreeSCAN, then add whatever digital systems you want to include. Then save the file under a new name. I tend to use the radio model & a date, so '996P2 07-12*2021.996.

2. Or, start creating a new list for your 996P2, adding the digital channels & systems of interest. You can use the import option from the File drop-down menu to "Import from FreeSCAN". That will let you pull up your file for the BCT15X, and select which systems you want to also monitor in the 996P2. Then, once you've added what you needed, and imported any existing systems that you also want to scan, just save your new file under an appropriate name.