Canadian License???

Michael WA7SKG

Just got my new BCD996P2. There is a sticker on the back that says "CANADA ONLY: A radio License must be obtained prior to possession and use of this device." Never heard of that before. What kind of license is required?

Just curious.

--
73,
Michael WA7SKG

"Any day you do not learn one new thing is a wasted day."

Joe M.

<<https://www.muircom.com/scnrpics/digiscanner.pdf>>

As far as I know they never enacted the ability to apply.

Joe M.

On 7/10/2021 10:48 PM, MCH wrote:
<<https://www.muircom.com/scnrpics/digiscanner.pdf>>

As far as I know they never enacted the ability to apply.

Joe M.

On 7/10/2021 10:00 PM, Michael WA7SKG wrote:
Just got my new BCD996P2. There is a sticker on the back that says
"CANADA ONLY: A radio License must be obtained prior to possession and
use of this device." Never heard of that before. What kind of license is
required?

Just curious.

James Poulin <jpoulin@...>

Hey Mike,

This has been an ongoing "myth" for years.  From what I recall, only licensed amateur radio operators were able to purchase trunk tracking scanners, or government and public safety agencies.  It has never been enforced, and stores that sell these scanners have never restricted the sale of these scanners.  Take the sticker off.  It doesn't matter anyways. :)