Problems Resetting BCD996P2 to Factory Settings

Kajj Ninetyfourfiftyone

Problems Resetting BCD996P2 to Factory Settings.

Okay, I have tried about 6 times to reset this BCD996P2 back to the factory
settings that would cause it to or should,

cause it to reload the scanner with the Different States, Counties or Cities
that Uniden Programmed into it in the factory.

I know my other scanners when you do this procedure it reinstalls those that
Uniden put in at the Factory.

There is nothing in the scanner after doing the reset. Simply says Scan
Mode, Nothing To Scan.

Please tell me if I am missing something?

Thomas

David Shrum <dave.n8pu@...>

No you are not missing a thing, when you reset it and it says "Scan Mode,
Nothing To Scan." is what is does, resets it to nothing in there, it is
waiting for you to load something back in it.

That is normal for this scanner.

Dave N8PU

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:04 PM, 'Kajj 1' kajj9451@... [BCD996p2] <
BCD996p2@...> wrote:

Problems Resetting BCD996P2 to Factory Settings.

Okay, I have tried about 6 times to reset this BCD996P2 back to the factory
settings that would cause it to or should,

cause it to reload the scanner with the Different States, Counties or
Cities
that Uniden Programmed into it in the factory.

I know my other scanners when you do this procedure it reinstalls those
that
Uniden put in at the Factory.

There is nothing in the scanner after doing the reset. Simply says Scan
Mode, Nothing To Scan.

Please tell me if I am missing something?

Thomas

Thomas Vance <scanner1143@...>

Thanks for your reply Dave.

On my other Uniden scanners when you reset them it puts back in a bunch of other states, cities and counties.

Example. California, all their systems, Texas and all of theirs and so on. That comes pre-installed from Uniden….

So this BCD996P2 doesn’t do that?

Thanks

Thomas

BCD996p2@...> wrote:

Problems Resetting BCD996P2 to Factory Settings.

Okay, I have tried about 6 times to reset this BCD996P2 back to the factory
settings that would cause it to or should,

cause it to reload the scanner with the Different States, Counties or
Cities
that Uniden Programmed into it in the factory.

I know my other scanners when you do this procedure it reinstalls those
that
Uniden put in at the Factory.

There is nothing in the scanner after doing the reset. Simply says Scan
Mode, Nothing To Scan.

Please tell me if I am missing something?

Thomas

Thomas Vance <scanner1143@...>

I do not know what has happened now.

Went to upload my files back into the scanner and Butel nor FreeScan could not recognize the scanner.

It is on com port 5 Baudrate 115200 Windows 10. Been using this setting and have not changed anything in 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee wish I had waited and bought the 536. I have had nothing but problems with this P2 since I opened the box

The reception is not as good as the BR330, BCD996t or 996XT. Have set them side by side.

I have never had any Problems with A Uniden Scanner before in my life…

Thomas

BCD996p2@...> wrote:

Problems Resetting BCD996P2 to Factory Settings.

Okay, I have tried about 6 times to reset this BCD996P2 back to the factory
settings that would cause it to or should,

cause it to reload the scanner with the Different States, Counties or
Cities
that Uniden Programmed into it in the factory.

I know my other scanners when you do this procedure it reinstalls those
that
Uniden put in at the Factory.

There is nothing in the scanner after doing the reset. Simply says Scan
Mode, Nothing To Scan.

Please tell me if I am missing something?

Thomas

David Shrum <dave.n8pu@...>

Correct, a blank slate.

BCD996p2@...> wrote:

Problems Resetting BCD996P2 to Factory Settings.

Okay, I have tried about 6 times to reset this BCD996P2 back to the
factory
settings that would cause it to or should,

cause it to reload the scanner with the Different States, Counties or
Cities
that Uniden Programmed into it in the factory.

I know my other scanners when you do this procedure it reinstalls those
that
Uniden put in at the Factory.

There is nothing in the scanner after doing the reset. Simply says Scan
Mode, Nothing To Scan.

Please tell me if I am missing something?

Thomas

David Shrum <dave.n8pu@...>

Thomas,

Just verifying something, did you change which USB port you had the cable plugged into? My PC is also a Windows 10 machine and if I change where I have my programming cable plugged into it also changes the 'port' number for me. Like I said just checking to see if you might have moved the cable location.

Dave N8PU

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:04 PM, 'Kajj 1' kajj9451@... <mailto:kajj9451@...> [BCD996p2] <
BCD996p2@... <mailto:BCD996p2@...> > wrote:

Problems Resetting BCD996P2 to Factory Settings.

Okay, I have tried about 6 times to reset this BCD996P2 back to the factory
settings that would cause it to or should,

cause it to reload the scanner with the Different States, Counties or
Cities
that Uniden Programmed into it in the factory.

I know my other scanners when you do this procedure it reinstalls those
that
Uniden put in at the Factory.

There is nothing in the scanner after doing the reset. Simply says Scan
Mode, Nothing To Scan.

Please tell me if I am missing something?

Thomas

Kajj Ninetyfourfiftyone

Dave I checked. Here is what happened.

In order for me to use the Butel Pro Software and to go into setting I had to use back of the scanner @ the 9 pin to a USB.

It was using Com Port 5 Baudrate 115200. It would not let me Upload and files so I thought and though and the scanner when shipped to me new from Uniden

came with a USB to a Mimi Usb that plugs into the front of scanner. I took off the rear 8 pin cable and hook up the front Mini Usb to USB.

It was under Com Port 8 Baudrate 1115200. Also had to go do it with my Windows 7 Desktop.

I was able then to reload my old files. Everything worked great with ARC Butel Pro.

Put unhooked the USB to Mini usb in the front, reinstalled the 9 pin to the rear of the unit, hooked it back up to the Windows 1o Desktop.

Still will not recognize it, and cannot communicate to the software at all. No YRLLO symbols in the device manager.

Also tried FreeScan

Maybe my friend PAUL O will tell me what I need to d

I am avsolutley about to pull what 25 hais I have left out of my bald head..

Never had a scanner that has whipped me, but tis dam_ BCD996P2 has taken a toll om me.

I nedd some RELIEFE!!! Where you at Paul O..??? I know you better than a lot of people on here,

I now you have your brains wrapped around a lot of go own’s. I believe the scanner was shipped to me as JUNK to begin with,

I have never, never as long and many years receiving scanners from UNIDEN EVEN HAD A PROLRMB

until I got a hold of this BCD996P2, God I wish I had waited and got me that BCD536T with the provoice Update along woith the DMR update. It would have beed worth the waut and the extra money. Sad Thomas In Mobil / Saralana

[...]

uniden.upman

Default speed on the rear port is 4800 bps (compatible with GPS NMEA devices). UpManUpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before emailing me directly

[...]

#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268 -- #yiv5744320268ygrp-mkp {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-mkp hr {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-mkp #yiv5744320268hd {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-mkp #yiv5744320268ads {margin-bottom:10px;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-mkp .yiv5744320268ad {padding:0 0;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-mkp .yiv5744320268ad p {margin:0;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-mkp .yiv5744320268ad a {color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-sponsor #yiv5744320268ygrp-lc {font-family:Arial;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-sponsor #yiv5744320268ygrp-lc #yiv5744320268hd {margin:10px 0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-sponsor #yiv5744320268ygrp-lc .yiv5744320268ad {margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268actions {font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268activity {background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268activity span {font-weight:700;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268activity span:first-child {text-transform:uppercase;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268activity span a {color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268activity span span {color:#ff7900;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268activity span .yiv5744320268underline {text-decoration:underline;}#yiv5744320268 .yiv5744320268attach {clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;}#yiv5744320268 .yiv5744320268attach div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv5744320268 .yiv5744320268attach img {border:none;padding-right:5px;}#yiv5744320268 .yiv5744320268attach label {display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}#yiv5744320268 .yiv5744320268attach label a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv5744320268 blockquote {margin:0 0 0 4px;}#yiv5744320268 .yiv5744320268bold {font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}#yiv5744320268 .yiv5744320268bold a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv5744320268 dd.yiv5744320268last p a {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv5744320268 dd.yiv5744320268last p span {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv5744320268 dd.yiv5744320268last p span.yiv5744320268yshortcuts {margin-right:0;}#yiv5744320268 div.yiv5744320268attach-table div div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv5744320268 div.yiv5744320268attach-table {width:400px;}#yiv5744320268 div.yiv5744320268file-title a, #yiv5744320268 div.yiv5744320268file-title a:active, #yiv5744320268 div.yiv5744320268file-title a:hover, #yiv5744320268 div.yiv5744320268file-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv5744320268 div.yiv5744320268photo-title a, #yiv5744320268 div.yiv5744320268photo-title a:active, #yiv5744320268 div.yiv5744320268photo-title a:hover, #yiv5744320268 div.yiv5744320268photo-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv5744320268 div#yiv5744320268ygrp-mlmsg #yiv5744320268ygrp-msg p a span.yiv5744320268yshortcuts {font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}#yiv5744320268 .yiv5744320268green {color:#628c2a;}#yiv5744320268 .yiv5744320268MsoNormal {margin:0 0 0 0;}#yiv5744320268 o {font-size:0;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268photos div {float:left;width:72px;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268photos div div {border:1px solid #666666;min-height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268photos div label {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268reco-category {font-size:77%;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268reco-desc {font-size:77%;}#yiv5744320268 .yiv5744320268replbq {margin:4px;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-mlmsg select, #yiv5744320268 input, #yiv5744320268 textarea {font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv5744320268 code {font:115% monospace;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-mlmsg #yiv5744320268logo {padding-bottom:10px;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-msg p a {font-family:Verdana;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-msg p#yiv5744320268attach-count span {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-reco #yiv5744320268reco-head {color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-reco {margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-sponsor #yiv5744320268ov li a {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-sponsor #yiv5744320268ov li {font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-sponsor #yiv5744320268ov ul {margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-text {font-family:Georgia;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-text p {margin:0 0 1em 0;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-text tt {font-size:120%;}#yiv5744320268 #yiv5744320268ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {border-right:none !important;}#yiv5744320268

Kajj Ninetyfourfiftyone

I succeeded at getting the scanner to communicate with the software,,,,

Now since I did the reset power off, 2, 9, hold power on, I upload my 8 different files to the scanner.

Problem is when I go to scan / search the systems there is no Frequencies or Talk ID’s in the scanner.

The files are correct. I have checked both the Butel and FreeScan files. It goes through the process of up loading them,

but in reality it is not. What could be the problem?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks’

Thomas

[...]

Barry Thaysen

My rear port works great using a NULL MODEM cable.