Re: P2 help with updating firmware pls

kline Rick

HI I will try to help. Hers the directions from the uniden site for
installing serial drivers for USB. Your folder should show 2 files, one
is a cat file and the other inf file. Is that what you have?

If you are having problems installing the drivers, see the following
general instructions (some steps might differ slightly, depending on
your specific operating system).

1. Download and unzip the above driver.
2. Plug in the scanner using a USB cable.
3. Right click on the Windows Launch icon (bottom left corner) and
select "Device Manager."
4. The device shows up with a yellow triangle.
5. Right click on device and select "Update Driver Software."
6. Select "Browse My Computer for Driver Software."
7. Navigate to the folder where you have unzipped the above driver.

The link I got it from and contains the driver is
http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BCD996P2? At the bottom is the link
for the firmware

Hope this helps and Thanks for your service

One last thing off topic? I am sure your aware that XP and soon Windows
7 are no longer supported and if you use your system for anything
confidential like banking etc, you could be at risk. Hate to see you get
compromised

On 7/31/2019 10:17 AM, Randy Thomas thomasrandylee@hotmail.com
[BCD996p2] wrote:

Thanks Joe but you must not have read my entire post. That's what I m
trying to do what it says and download the zip file and install but
when I do there is only two folders inside the zip file instead of
three and none of the two is a driver. I don't need help programming I
need help updating my firmware from 1.6 to 1.8 and the zip file from
both scannermaster and uniden for some ungodly reason when I try to
download my Windows XP will not pickup the driver but it picks up
other drivers.

Randy Thomas
CWO4 U.S. Navy (Ret.)