Seperating DMR conversations when both timeslots are active


Joseph Shynn
 

Hi group,

How does one seperate DMR conversations when both timeslots are active on a given frequency?

Do two favourites have to be created, each with their exclusive timeslot?

Thanks for any and all help.

Joey VA3GOC



Joe M.
 

The scanner automatically separates them.

Or you can specify a channel to use only one timeslot.

Joe M.

On 6/16/2019 6:33 PM, John Belsize qp2trz@yahoo.com [BCD536HP] wrote:


Hi group,

How does one seperate DMR conversations when both timeslots are active
on a given frequency?

Do two favourites have to be created, each with their exclusive timeslot?

Thanks for any and all help.

Joey VA3GOC





<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
Virus-free. www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>


<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>


Joseph Shynn
 

Thanks Joe,

My particular case here is a one-frequency DMR repeater is shared between fire and public works. The scanner stops on the frequency and the display flashes between slot 1 and slot 2. Trouble is scanner doesn’t open up on either conversation. DMR upgrade is installed.
Any ideas?

Joey


Joseph Shynn
 

And with that in mind.
How do you identify which time slot using SENTINEL.
I don’t see a window for same.

On Jun 26, 2019, at 09:19, MCH mch@... [BCD536HP] <BCD536HP@...> wrote:

 

The scanner automatically separates them.

Or you can specify a channel to use only one timeslot.

Joe M.

On 6/16/2019 6:33 PM, John Belsize qp2trz@... [BCD536HP] wrote:
>
>
> Hi group,
>
> How does one seperate DMR conversations when both timeslots are active
> on a given frequency?
>
> Do two favourites have to be created, each with their exclusive timeslot?
>
> Thanks for any and all help.
>
> Joey VA3GOC
>
>
>
>
>
>
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
> Virus-free. www.avg.com
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
>
>
> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>


Joe M.
 

You're receiving a control channel. There is no
voice data on the control channel slot (slot 1).

Joe M.

On 6/26/2019 2:34 PM, qp2trz qp2trz@yahoo.com [BCD536HP] wrote:


Thanks Joe,

My particular case here is a one-frequency DMR repeater is shared
between fire and public works. The scanner stops on the frequency and
the display flashes between slot 1 and slot 2. Trouble is scanner
doesn’t open up on either conversation. DMR upgrade is installed..
Any ideas?

Joey


Joe M.
 

If you mean how do you set it in Sentinel...

Edit the FL and drill down to the channel involved.
Column 4 is labeled TDMA SLOT. Set it to 1, 2, or ANY.

Note that this only applies to One Frequency Trunk DMR systems.

There is no way in Sentinel to set it for conventional DMR, as you cannot specify TGs in conventional frequencies. There is also no way
to specify it for DMR Trunked since trunking systems use either slot.

Joe M.

On 6/26/2019 2:36 PM, qp2trz qp2trz@yahoo.com [BCD536HP] wrote:


And with that in mind.
How do you identify which time slot using SENTINEL.
I don’t see a window for same.

On Jun 26, 2019, at 09:19, MCH mch@nb.net <mailto:mch@nb.net> [BCD536HP]
<BCD536HP@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD536HP@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

The scanner automatically separates them.

Or you can specify a channel to use only one timeslot.

Joe M.

On 6/16/2019 6:33 PM, John Belsize qp2trz@yahoo.com
<mailto:qp2trz@yahoo.com> [BCD536HP] wrote:


Hi group,

How does one seperate DMR conversations when both timeslots are active
on a given frequency?

Do two favourites have to be created, each with their exclusive
timeslot?

Thanks for any and all help.

Joey VA3GOC






<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
Virus-free. www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>


<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>


Gary Saffer
 

Is this a DMR trunk system or conventional system? If you aren't seeing
a control channel, then it's a two slot conventional system.

With the x36HP (and SDS) scanners, you have to program a two slot
conventional system as a One Frequency Trunk (OFT) system. If you don't
you won't see Slot information and you won't be able to separate the two
TGs.

Once you know what kind of system it is, (conventional, Con+, Cap+) then
we can help you figure out how to program it.

On 6/26/2019 2:34 PM, qp2trz qp2trz@yahoo.com [BCD536HP] wrote:
Thanks Joe,

My particular case here is a one-frequency DMR repeater is shared between fire and public works. The scanner stops on the frequency and the display flashes between slot 1 and slot 2. Trouble is scanner doesn’t open up on either conversation. DMR upgrade is installed.
Any ideas?

Joey


Joseph Shynn
 

Thanks Everybody.
Will take all advice and post with results.

J


On Jul 6, 2019, at 11:41, MCH mch@... [BCD536HP] <BCD536HP@...> wrote:

 

If you mean how do you set it in Sentinel...

Edit the FL and drill down to the channel involved.
Column 4 is labeled TDMA SLOT. Set it to 1, 2, or ANY.

Note that this only applies to One Frequency Trunk DMR systems.

There is no way in Sentinel to set it for conventional DMR, as you
cannot specify TGs in conventional frequencies. There is also no way
to specify it for DMR Trunked since trunking systems use either slot.

Joe M.

On 6/26/2019 2:36 PM, qp2trz qp2trz@... [BCD536HP] wrote:
>
>
> And with that in mind.
> How do you identify which time slot using SENTINEL.
> I don’t see a window for same.
>
> On Jun 26, 2019, at 09:19, MCH mch@... <mailto:mch@...> [BCD536HP]
> <BCD536HP@... <mailto:BCD536HP@...>> wrote:
>
>> The scanner automatically separates them.
>>
>> Or you can specify a channel to use only one timeslot.
>>
>> Joe M.
>>
>> On 6/16/2019 6:33 PM, John Belsize qp2trz@...
>> <mailto:qp2trz@...> [BCD536HP] wrote:
>> >
>> >
>> > Hi group,
>> >
>> > How does one seperate DMR conversations when both timeslots are active
>> > on a given frequency?
>> >
>> > Do two favourites have to be created, each with their exclusive
>> timeslot?
>> >
>> > Thanks for any and all help.
>> >
>> > Joey VA3GOC
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
>> > Virus-free. www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
>> >
>> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
>> >
>> >
>> > <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>>
>
>
>