Avoiding Specific Weather Channels

rickroyston@...

I live in an area where I can receive all 7 weather channels.  Is it possible to remove all but a single one from the WX scan?

Tnx,  Rick

Joe M.

I don't think so.

But since there are only 7 you can easily scroll to the one you want.

Joe M.

On 6/16/2021 11:48 AM, rickroyston via groups.io wrote:
I live in an area where I can receive all 7 weather channels. Is it
possible to remove all but a single one from the WX scan?

Tnx, Rick

Joe M.

If you only want to monitor the WX channel, you can program the
one you want into a Favorites List with its own Quick Key, too.

Joe M.

On 6/16/2021 12:00 PM, Joe M. wrote:
I don't think so.

But since there are only 7 you can easily scroll to the one you want.

Joe M.

On 6/16/2021 11:48 AM, rickroyston via groups.io wrote:
I live in an area where I can receive all 7 weather channels. Is it
possible to remove all but a single one from the WX scan?

Tnx, Rick

jd buller

In wx operation/weather scan, you can only hold on the channel and scroll to the one you want,

avoid does not work in monitor weather.

You could, manage favorites/new favorites list/review/edit system/new system/conventional/yes/name (local weather)/edit sys option/set system quick key (. Or any number) go back one screen, edit department/new department/edit name (local weather)/edit channel/ new channel/ (enter the frequency you want)

Set scan selection/select lists to monitor/scroll to the system name(local weather) and you are listening to only that frequency in that system.

Hope this helps,

J. D. Buller

Jd at jdbullerreps.communiations