Updating Firmware Failed??

Gmarinoff@...

Hello All:

I have updated my firmware before, same computer without an issue.  Tonight, I attempted to update the firmware but failed.

Scanner connected to computer; USB Mass Storage displaying in Scanner Display.  I opened the Sentinel Software; Clicked on Update; Clicked on Update Firmware

The normal window opened with
G: Uniden BCD436HP (ESN:xxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxx) I clicked OK.

The next window opened with two lines:
Stage 1: Checking Uniden Server
Checking Uniden Server.

A few seconds later the final window opened:
Updating unit failed.
Operation is canceled. The remote could not be resolved: 'ftp.homepatrol.com

I then attempted to update the full database and got
Updating full database failed.
Operation is canceled. The remote could not be resolved: 'ftp.homepatrol.com

What am I missing?

Thanks

Joe M.

Yep. And it told you the exact issue.
The remote could not be resolved: 'ftp.homepatrol.com

Uniden's FTP server is down (perhaps due to overload from NXDN registrations/updates).

<<http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ftp.homepatrol.com.html>>

Try those things later (or better yet tomorrow).

Joe M.

On 3/28/2018 10:20 PM, Gmarinoff@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

[...]

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

John

Sounds like the site is down or was too busy.

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Droid

On Mar 28, 2018 10:20 PM, "Gmarinoff@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello Joe:

I just completed the firmware update. NXDN upgrade key entered all is good....Thank!!

George