Turnaround time

Wes Ogilvie <wes.ogilvie@...>

I know it's probably been mentioned and I know I've overlooked it, but does anyone have an idea how long the turnaround is for the clock fix once the radio is at the service center?

Thanks!
-Wes

Dexter

Here's my experience as posted on 1/18/18.  You're probably at Step 5 and have a week or two to go.

__________

I could check my email to give you a timeline, but it might not mean much, as I'm sure the Uniden backlog changes from time to time.  The good news is, you keep your radio until they are ready to work on it.  The process is this:

1.,  Go on the Uniden web site and send them a message.  Try to be specific that the problem is with the clock retention and not an out-of-warranty repair.

2.  You will get an email response.  Mine came the next business day.  It acknowledged the problem and said it was covered, including shipping.  You are given a reference number, and told NOT to send the radio in at that time.  They will notify you when they are ready.

3.  You will receive a second email with instructions to send it in.  This may take two or three weeks after the first acknowledgement.  You will be given instructions on how to package the radio:  radio only, remove batteries, antenna, and SD card.  Do not use the original box.You will also get instructions for downloading a prepaid UPS mailing label.  I think I went back to the Uniden site for that, vs. email.

4.  Take the package to the UPS store, or request a pickup.  Get a receipt.

5.  You will receive an email when Uniden has the radio and starts working on it.

6.  You will receive an email when they send it back with a tracking number.

Bottom line:  I would say I was without the radio about 3 weeks at the most, much of that in transit.  The clock problem just bugged me too much, and the price was right.  As I have radios and radio projects out the wazoo, I had other things to do, and so I just sucked it up and sent it in.  I think Uniden's process was most reasonable and communication was good throughout.  Everything is good now, and  I'm glad I had it done.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Bob C.

On 1/31/2018 3:48 PM, Wes Ogilvie wes.ogilvie@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

I know it's probably been mentioned and I know I've overlooked it, but does anyone have an idea how long the turnaround is for the clock fix once the radio is at the service center?

Thanks!
-Wes

Anthony Crespo

Mine arrived there on the 26th and so far it is indicating that it should ship back February 23rd.

--
Anthony Crespo

Anthony Crespo

UPDATE!!
As luck would have it.....I just received the email letting me know that my unit has 'shipped'!
no update on the tracking number yet.

--
Anthony Crespo

Wes Ogilvie <wes.ogilvie@...>

I did too.

Sent from a secure, undisclosed location.

On Feb 1, 2018, at 16:21, Anthony Crespo ajcscan@... [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

UPDATE!!
As luck would have it.....I just received the email letting me know that my unit has 'shipped'!
no update on the tracking number yet.

--
Anthony Crespo

uniden.upman

Actually, your unit is out for delivery.

UpMan

On Friday, February 2, 2018, 11:14:13 AM CST, Wes Ogilvie wes.ogilvie@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

I did too.

Sent from a secure, undisclosed location.

On Feb 1, 2018, at 16:21, Anthony Crespo ajcscan@... [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

UPDATE!!
As luck would have it.....I just received the email letting me know that my unit has 'shipped'!
no update on the tracking number yet.

--
Anthony Crespo

Wes Ogilvie <wes.ogilvie@...>

Thanks for the incredible turnaround on this!  Will be putting my radio on the charger to charge up the internal battery clock.

Thanks!
-Wes

On Friday, February 2, 2018, 11:14:13 AM CST, Wes Ogilvie wes.ogilvie@... [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

I did too.

Sent from a secure, undisclosed location.

On Feb 1, 2018, at 16:21, Anthony Crespo ajcscan@... [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

UPDATE!!
As luck would have it.....I just received the email letting me know that my unit has 'shipped'!
no update on the tracking number yet.

--
Anthony Crespo

Maggie O'Connor

I followed a link that someone posted – but it got me to a “repair” area, rather than a “recall” or “warranty” area – can someone please give me the correct link?

Thanks so very much.

- Maggie

Sent: Friday, February 02, 2018 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: [BCD436HP] Re: Turnaround time

[...]

tperry@...

If you are asking about the repair campaign for the BCDx36HP scanners with the clock battery failure and/or the screen dimming problem,  all of the info is at this link:

https://www.uniden.com/product-information/bcdx36hp-repair-campaign

.

I followed a link that someone posted – but it got me to a “repair” area, rather than a “recall” or “warranty” area – can someone please give me the correct link?

Thanks so very much.

- Maggie

Maggie O'Connor

Okay- so even though it says “repair” there won’t be a charge, as it is for the clock battery issue.
Thank you!

Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2018 7:39 PM

If you are asking about the repair campaign for the BCDx36HP scanners with the clock battery failure and/or the screen dimming problem,  all of the info is at this link:

https://www.uniden.com/product-information/bcdx36hp-repair-campaign

.

I followed a link that someone posted – but it got me to a “repair” area, rather than a “recall” or “warranty” area – can someone please give me the correct link?

Thanks so very much.

- Maggie

Dexter

I did not use that link, although you may wind up in the same place.  My unit was already registered with Uniden.  I logged into my account, contacted them, and received the following reply the next day.  Note that the message says the repair is free, as is the return shipping charge.

Bob C.
__________

Ryan replied:

On 2/3/2018 7:39 PM, tperry@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

If you are asking about the repair campaign for the BCDx36HP scanners with the clock battery failure and/or the screen dimming problem,  all of the info is at this link:

.

I followed a link that someone posted – but it got me to a “repair” area, rather than a “recall” or “warranty” area – can someone please give me the correct link?

Thanks so very much.

- Maggie

Tom <tperry@...>

That is indeed the same destination as the page I linked to will bring you to.

[...]

Good to know.  My unit was already registered, but I didn’t go the way you did. I’ll see if the shipping is free, and if not – then I’ll know I’m headed to the wrong place.. I know you folks had said to give as much info as possible and I didn’t see anywhere to give any info.. Anyway, I’ll write something and put it in with the scanner..
Thanks again - Maggie