Suddenly Silent Favorite List TGID

Wyes Guy

I posted this question recently, but saw no response, so perhaps I didn’t do it correctly.

 I have 2 BCD436 HP units and an SDS100.  All three have the same Sentinel program loaded on their SD cards.  There is only one Favorite List.  The identical site (frequency) is used for the systems monitored.  On one radio a fire dept system TGID is enabled, on another a PD TGID system is enabled, and on the 3rd a different system is enabled.  For years, each of the 3 radios used to be able to receive any or all of these TGIDs.  However, suddenly one BCD436 seems incapable of receiving the FD TGID.  The other 2 radios can receive them all perfectly.  This radio can monitor the other TGIDs just fine; just not the FD TGID.  I reprogrammed the SD card (identical to the other 2 radios), but the condition remains.

I swapped SD cards between all of the radios.  The silence continues on the same radio/TGID; the condition doesn’t travel with the SD card.  I tried to review all of my avoids, in case I accidentally set one, even attempting to remove all avoids.  But, I had no avoids set.  The radios sit next to each other and all of the signals are strong, so it’s not a sensitivity issue.

I must be missing something simple, but I just don’t see it.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

bob_peloquin

The most common cause for something like this happening is that the
Service Type for the desired talkgroup is disabled.
Bob - W1TAB
RR db admin (Massachusetts)

Joe M.

Agreed, but the card swap should eliminate that cause.

This is a strange one.

Is this on the same trunked system? Is it P25? (if so Phase I or II?)

I can think of a few causes, but would need to know the system types.

Joe M.

On 11/4/2019 9:44 PM, bob_peloquin wrote:
The most common cause for something like this happening is that the
Service Type for the desired talkgroup is disabled.
Bob - W1TAB
RR db admin (Massachusetts)

Wyes Guy

It is the exact same trunked system on P25 Phase II. On the Maryland "FIRST" system.

Karl

Agreed, but the card swap should eliminate that cause.

This is a strange one.

Is this on the same trunked system? Is it P25? (if so Phase I or II?)

I can think of a few causes, but would need to know the system types.

Joe M.

On 11/4/2019 9:44 PM, bob_peloquin wrote:
The most common cause for something like this happening is that the
Service Type for the desired talkgroup is disabled.
Bob - W1TAB
RR db admin (Massachusetts)

Dave Martin <dave.1586@...>

Hi, It kind of sound's like the city that you live in went to encryption, but if you're other scanner's are picking them up just fine then I don't know. That's a good question, maybe try updating. I heard they had a new update about a month ago. Hope this helps.