Squelch Settings

Les

Does anyone know if there is a difference in how the squelch settings are set up in the 436 versus the 396T ?  I ask this question because when using my 396T (I don't have a 396XT) to listen to P25 trunk systems, I turn the squelch setting to 0 and it seems to help the sensitivity, or I should say it helps the radio catch the data channel on "fringe" systems.  This only works when scanning the P25 TRS favorites lists because the radio will lock up on a conventional analog channel for example.  When I have tried this on the 436HP it does not seem to work the same way, and really slows the scanning down.  Setting the squelch and the numbering 0-15 on the dial with the F key seem to be the same between the 2 radios, however the performance seems different to me.

Les