Sentinel or other software for the Mac?

Jeff Kenyon

Hi all, I was just wondering if there is a version of Sentinel that works with the Mac or if there is other software that will allow the 436 to interface to a Mac?

Joe M.

The SW is called Parallels.

Joe M.

On 9/19/2017 9:57 PM, Jeff Kenyon jkenyon7@... [BCD436HP] wrote:
Hi all, I was just wondering if there is a version of Sentinel that works with the Mac or if there is other software that will allow the 436 to interface to a Mac?

Mike Chace-Ortiz

To be clear, there is no native MacOS version of Sentinel.

Parallels and VMWare Fusion allow you to run Windows as a application under MacOS just like any other Mac application. However, that still means that you’ll need a legitimate copy of Windows to install that either Parallels or Fusion controls. I’m not sure if VirtualBox or Crossover, two other Mac virtualization choices work with Sentinel.

I’ve been running Windows XP and Sentinel with Parallels very happily on a Mac for years.

Cheers

—mco

wrote:
Hi all, I was just wondering if there is a version of Sentinel that works with the Mac or if there is other software that will allow the 436 to interface to a Mac?

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

Richard Carlson

Hi Jeff, read this article for information on how to use a Mac with scanners.

http://www.scannermaster.com/Mac_Users_of_Police_Scanner_Radios_s/575.htm

The basic answer is you need Windows, either running Windows on the Mac or by getting a cheap Windows computer.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 6:57 PM, Jeff Kenyon jkenyon7@... [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Hi all, I was just wondering if there is a version of Sentinel that works with the Mac or if there is other software that will allow the 436 to interface to a Mac?

Bill Seubert

And I can confirm that Sentinel and the other Windows-based scanner applications work fine under VMWare Fusion running Windows 10.  I was shocked at how well it worked without any screwing around with drivers, etc.  It just worked.