GPS Question

Gmarinoff@...

I have the compatible GPS device for the BCD436HP and have used it several times while on road trips, it seems to operate as designed.

This is how I set the settings when I attach and use the GPS device.  Is this correct?

MENU; Set Scan Selection; Select Lists to Monitor; Full Database

MENU; Set Your Location; Set Up GPS; Set Serial Port; 4800 bps; Set Range; 3.5; Auto Locate; Wait for the Auto Locate to load then hit "E"

I also review Select Service SYS turning off most of them, leaving EMS, FIRE, LAW, Custom 1 on.

Do I have to complete the Auto Locate Process or can I skip that step?

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
George

Joe M.

If you have a GPS receiver, you don't want to use Auto-Locate.

Auto-Locate uses trunked systems to try to approximate your location when you don't have a GPS. You don't need that approximation because your exact coordinates are provided by the GPS.

So, your description looks correct but delete the Auto-Locate step.

Joe M.

On 9/17/2017 10:37 PM, Gmarinoff@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

I have the compatible GPS device for the BCD436HP and have used it
several times while on road trips, it seems to operate as designed.

This is how I set the settings when I attach and use the GPS device. Is
this correct?

MENU; Set Scan Selection; Select Lists to Monitor; Full Database

MENU; Set Your Location; Set Up GPS; Set Serial Port; 4800 bps; Set
Range; 3.5; Auto Locate; Wait for the Auto Locate to load then hit "E"

I also review Select Service SYS turning off most of them, leaving EMS,
FIRE, LAW, Custom 1 on.

Do I have to complete the Auto Locate Process or can I skip that step?

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
George

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>