Fair price for a used 436?

kbarnsda@...

IF you are considering purchasing a new Home Patrol II, what would you do with your 436?

Assuming no  updates have been released by the Home Patrol II release date.

How long should you wait till it is safe to buy a Home Patrol II?

I forget the saying but fool me once, shame on someone... fool me twice... I just say awwwww sh_t!

Thanks for serious answers..

Here I sit broken hearted.... came to scan and only ........

Joe M.

I would not call the HP-2 a replacement for the 436. The 436 is much more portable.

Joe M.

On Oct 28, 2014, at 8:33 PM, "kbarnsda@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

If you are a 436 owner, are you considering purchasing a Home Patrol II?
Created by: kbarnsda
  1. Will you sell your 436 and if so, what would be a fair price?
  2. What would be the lowest you would sell your used 436 for?

IF you are considering purchasing a new Home Patrol II, what would you do with your 436?

Assuming no  updates have been released by the Home Patrol II release date.

How long should you wait till it is safe to buy a Home Patrol II?

I forget the saying but fool me once, shame on someone... fool me twice... I just say awwwww sh_t!

Thanks for serious answers..

Here I sit broken hearted.... came to scan and only ........

kbarnsda@...

Joe, you are more in the "know" than I am based on your previous many helpful posts.
I respect this.  I value your opinion.

If the Home Patrol2 was powered by USB, it would make it a serious contender IMHO.
I am assuming that the new version kept the features of the old one ( plus upgrade included free) and perhaps included WIFI.  and performed the same.

My fear is that they are going to chunk the 436. Why else would there be what appears to me "SILENCE" ans to what the heck is going on... progress with promised features....
I am not asking for privileged information or a smuggled copy of their pert chart.
I would like some idea of what is going in.  I look forward to every message from Yahoo to say
"... Its available next week".   Nothing.  No lies,  No truth.  just nothing.
I am assuming that I have not missed any communications.

My fear is that there is some hardware foobar that precludes a software fix.
Too many have been sold for a recall should this be the case.
I also keep an eye on the RR forum and can't seem to get a feel of wtf is going on.
At least there  you can see some progress... ie "we rejected as it did not meet our specs"
GREAT.. I would rather wait another 6 months than get something that was crap.
The 436 feels really solidly built ( after playing with the Whistler unit ) and I truly like it.
I am just stumped as to why my old Home Patrol and 436 had better digital reception.

I am also stumped at why no one answers all the jabs at Uniden as to why no updates are showing up.
I  thought September was going to the month that something would happen.

I was sort of discouraged that the Home Patrol 2 will be released before  "our" fixes and updates...
Of course, it is the old marketing, development, support tug of war.  I appreciate this.

I want to stick with Uniden and I want to sell my 436 and not take it in the shorts too much.

If the HomePatrol 2 works at least as good as the Home Patrol 1 and has some of the features
of the 436 and is powered by 5 volts, I would consider it a good trade off.

Don Safer

Joe M.

First, the HP-2 will be USB powered. That's in the official announcement.

I have not read anything that hints wifi will be included.

I'm sure Uniden is not going to abandon the x36 platform, as that is their flagship and may remain that for several years. I'm sure UPMan will respond when there is something concrete. Until then, anything he may say *could* fall through and that would make a bad situation worse, not to mention the resulting flames that would abound. I have no knowledge of the hardware issues aside from what UPMan has made public.

On RR there are too many people who want to complain just to complain. While some concerns are justified, there are too many who want to sue/troll/slam/flame. So, I can understand the confusion. You can't find the facts in the flurry of posts.

Why does nobody (UPMan) reply to the RR jabs? Because Uniden is above being drawn into a battle with an emotional customer, because Uniden doesn't want to promise and not deliver, and because there is nothing to say. Those would be my list of possible reasons. Another is simple: there are sue-happy people there threatening a suit. Any attorney worth your time will advise you to not communicate with a potential adversary in a court case. So, while there are people demanding answers, there are others who are mandating silence by their threats.

I too have to believe that the HP-2 was on the drawing board well in advance of the issues that arose. And as it sounds you are aware, you simply cannot stop production to work on a current product issue. Big business has strict schedules and if you stop production you lose money... like millions. I would not be surprised in the next model is in the planning stage (likely a race scanner or analog only scanner). Of course, they could have something revolutionary planned, too.

All that said, I am very glad to see the list members here have descended to the level seen on other forums. It says a lot about the class of participants here. I hope that continues.

Oh, and with respect to the HP vs 436, I always carry my 436. I only carried the HP before the x36 came out when it was the only scanner that recorded. In the winter, no big deal. I wear a heavy coat. In the summer, it was very clunky. The HP has it's place. But for me it's not a portable scanner.

Joe M.

On Oct 28, 2014, at 11:03 PM, "kbarnsda@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

[...]

YOU should work for Uniden....  Thank you for your response.
I can put my fears to rest for another few months.
Every now and then it just hits me... why don't "they" say something.
and YES  you are right... the HP1 was sort of like a brick :)
KenB

Alan Dixon

Okay.  I have been pretty satisfied with my '436HP.
Of course in just ~six months in just one locality,
I have not used/tested all features. But, all-in-all it's
an excellent unit.

73, Alan
N3HOE

     --

JOHN

You are lucky I have one and a 396T and I put them next to each other and the 436 misses calls on a P25  sent it back after talking with customer service 3 times and still didn't work

From:"Alan Dixon n3hoe@... [BCD436HP]"
Date:Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 10:30
Subject:RE: [BCD436HP] Fair price for a used 436?

Okay.  I have been pretty satisfied with my '436HP.
Of course in just ~six months in just one locality,
I have not used/tested all features. But, all-in-all it's
an excellent unit.

73, Alan
N3HOE

     --

Don Safer

BCD436HP@...

[BCD436HP] An existing poll has been modified, check it out. Enter your vote now!
If you are a 436 owner, are you considering purchasing a Home Patrol II?
Created by:
  1. NO (added by: kenstark@... . March 14, 2018)

Thanks!

BCD436HP@...

[BCD436HP] An existing poll has been modified, check it out. Enter your vote now!
If you are a 436 owner, are you considering purchasing a Home Patrol II?
Created by:
  1. Already have both (added by: samenus . March 14, 2018)

Thanks!

Dewey

As a 436, 536 & HP II owner, I've been planning for a couple months on putting the HP II/Extreme on FleeBay and just getting another 536.  Too much work trying to keep two different Sentinels synchronized.

Dewey

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 11:01 AM, <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

[BCD436HP] An existing poll has been modified, check it out. Enter your vote now!
If you are a 436 owner, are you considering purchasing a Home Patrol II?
Created by:
  1. Already have both (added by: samenus . March 14, 2018)

Thanks!

Robert Zyskowski

How do I submit my answer to the question?
---- BCD436HP@... wrote:

[BCD436HP] An existing poll has been modified, check it out.

If you are a 436 owner, are you considering purchasing a Home Patrol II?
Created by:

Thanks!

Joe M.

Click the link you quoted.

Joe M.

---- BCD436HP@... wrote:
[BCD436HP] An existing poll has been modified, check it out.

If you are a 436 owner, are you considering purchasing a Home Patrol II?
Created by:

Thanks!

------------------------------------
Posted by: <bobzee99@...>
------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

---
http://www.avg.com

dave.1586@...

What do you like better. The 436 or the Home Patrol?

Joe M.

Depends on the case. For portable use, 436. For home, HP.

Joe M.

On 3/14/2018 11:57 AM, dave.1586@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

What do you like better. The 436 or the Home Patrol?

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

melissa Blackman

I have a brand new bcd536hp I am selling let me know if you are interested??

On Mar 14, 2018 9:44 AM, <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

[BCD436HP] An existing poll has been modified, check it out. Enter your vote now!
If you are a 436 owner, are you considering purchasing a Home Patrol II?
Created by:
  1. NO (added by: kenstark@... . March 14, 2018)

Thanks!

Robert Zyskowski

How much?
---- "Brett Blackman bblackman22@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

I have a brand new bcd536hp I am selling let me know if you are interested??

On Mar 14, 2018 9:44 AM, <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

[BCD436HP] An existing poll has been modified, check it out. Enter your
vote now!
If you are a 436 owner, are you considering purchasing a Home Patrol II?
Created by:

1. NO
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BCD436HP/polls/poll/2501863#31130914> (added
by: kenstark@... . March 14, 2018)

Thanks!

Don Safer

dave.1586@...

Which one do you think gets better reception?