Color display

Bill Nolan

Under the heading “Nice to have but not necessarily needed”, a color display for the BCD436HP.

I wonder if anyone has knowledge of Uniden’s intentions along this line. Or an after market upgrade. Kenwood has a portable ham radio (TH-D74) that sports a nice color display and although it’s not a fully functioning scanner by any means, it’s display is a game changer! (That’s not to say it can ever take the place of the 436.)

Has anyone modified the 436, adapted it for a color display?

I know the 436 allows for using a laptop or tablet/iPad’s display but I’m interested in swapping out the existing display in the radio...

Joe M.

That would be extremely difficult, as it would require firmware changes.

The HP-x series has a color display.

Joe M.

On 2/28/2018 6:30 AM, Bill Nolan n1chu@... [BCD436HP] wrote:
Under the heading “Nice to have but not necessarily needed”, a color display for the BCD436HP.

I wonder if anyone has knowledge of Uniden’s intentions along this line. Or an after market upgrade. Kenwood has a portable ham radio (TH-D74) that sports a nice color display and although it’s not a fully functioning scanner by any means, it’s display is a game changer! (That’s not to say it can ever take the place of the 436.)

Has anyone modified the 436, adapted it for a color display?

I know the 436 allows for using a laptop or tablet/iPad’s display but I’m interested in swapping out the existing display in the radio....

Posted by: Bill Nolan <n1chu@...>

Yahoo Groups Links

---
http://www.avg.com