From: BCD436HP@... on behalf of Don Woodward dbwoodw@... [BCD436HP]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:57 PM
To: bcd436hp@...
Subject: [BCD436HP] BCD436HP NXDN

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot.  Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

Joe M.

The procesure is identical save for clicking the NXDN key purchase link rather than the PV or DMR key purchase links on my.uniden.com

The latest firmware is required to enter the NXDN key.

Joe M.

On 3/28/2018 8:48 PM, Les shew lsa12@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

The procedure for getting the upgrade and installing it similar to what
it was for the DMR and Provoice upgrades ?
I was thinking I would refer back to that. I saw the notice for the
firmware upgrade - is the NXDN upgrade and the new firmware notice related ?

Les
Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from
radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

philip gagnon

Hi this is Phil Gagnon I'm a veteran with PTSD and I also work as a CI, is this update also going to be for the 536hp. I have a question for you I run mine to my Predator laptop and I have the frequencies all laid out I can record I can go to different repeaters around the country can the 436 do that and have you upgraded to that. I also have a ham radio you talk on sideband a lot on my Yaesu I have a Ranger 2970 N4 and a sweet 16 have you ever considered doing stuff like that? It's pretty fun Blown Away people with a couple s units 3000 watts is a lot I don't normally use the Henry but the sweet 16 I'll pull it down to 1400 W and have fun disturbing the peace LOL.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:37 PM, Don Woodward dbwoodw@... [BCD436HP]
wrote:

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot.  Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

John

Yes it's the same process. Firmware takes care of other things as well, but the NXDN is apart of the firmware as are DMR and PV. The optional modes only work if you have the keys for them.

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Droid

On Mar 28, 2018 8:48 PM, "Les shew lsa12@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

The procedure for getting the upgrade and installing it similar to what it was for the DMR and Provoice upgrades ?
I was thinking I would refer back to that. I saw the notice for the firmware upgrade - is the NXDN upgrade and the new firmware notice related ?

Les

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

Joe M.

Not "going to be".... IS! :-)

Not sure what recording you're talking about.

Admitting to federal offenses in forums is never a good idea.

Joe M.

On 3/28/2018 8:58 PM, philip gagnon gag6565@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

Hi this is Phil Gagnon I'm a veteran with PTSD and I also work as a CI,
is this update also going to be for the 536hp. I have a question for you
I run mine to my Predator laptop and I have the frequencies all laid out
I can record I can go to different repeaters around the country can the
436 do that and have you upgraded to that. I also have a ham radio you
talk on sideband a lot on my Yaesu I have a Ranger 2970 N4 and a sweet
16 have you ever considered doing stuff like that? It's pretty fun Blown
Away people with a couple s units 3000 watts is a lot I don't normally
use the Henry but the sweet 16 I'll pull it down to 1400 W and have fun
disturbing the peace LOL.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
<https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>

<BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from
radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

philip gagnon

Okay thank you so much when I hook it up and probably tomorrow do the update thank you so much I really appreciate that. Have a great night Philip

On Mar 28, 2018 8:48 PM, "Les shew lsa12@... [BCD436HP]" wrote:

The procedure for getting the upgrade and installing it similar to what it was for the DMR and Provoice upgrades ?
I was thinking I would refer back to that. I saw the notice for the firmware upgrade - is the NXDN upgrade and the new firmware notice related ?

Les

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

John

It's for both 436/536

<BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

Posted by: philip gagnon <gag6565@...>

philip gagnon

Thank you so much. Can't wait I really appreciate that.

It's for both 436/536

wrote:

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

Posted by: philip gagnon

Les

Thanks.

Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone

The procesure is identical save for clicking the NXDN key purchase link
rather than the PV or DMR key purchase links on my.uniden.com

The latest firmware is required to enter the NXDN key.

Joe M.

On 3/28/2018 8:48 PM, Les shew lsa12@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

> The procedure for getting the upgrade and installing it similar to what
> it was for the DMR and Provoice upgrades ?
> I was thinking I would refer back to that.  I saw the notice for the
> firmware upgrade - is the NXDN upgrade and the new firmware notice related ?
>
> Les

------------------------------------

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    BCD436HP-digest@...
    BCD436HP-fullfeatured@...

avir lub

Hi,
Can you explain to me what is NXDN?

לשירותכם תמיד,
לובטון אבי - 0504202315
מורה נהיגה.
יועץ נהיגה אלביט מערכות.
מדריך נהיגה מתקדמת.

"הפחד הגדול שלי שלא אספיק להציל די אנשים בעולם הזה"

בתאריך יום ה׳, 29 במרץ 2018, 03:37, מאת Don Woodward dbwoodw@... [BCD436HP] ‏<BCD436HP@...>:

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot.  Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

bob_peloquin

NXDN is a digital standard developed by Kenwood and Icom.  It's different from P25 DMR/MotoTRBO and EDACS Provoice such that it needs different firmware to decode than the others and a different license key to activate it.

While NXDN was not originally intended for public safety use, it's becoming popular with some communities due to its lower cost to implement than P25 and other trunked radio systems.  I believe many of the US train communications systems are using it too.

Bob - KB1VUA

Joe M.

Generally speaking, the NXDN radios are not "Public Safety rated". Yes, many PS agencies are using them. But P25 is the recommended mode for PS digital communications and the radios that support P25 are "Public Safety rated". There is a whole slew of specs that go into that rating including durability, ease of use (particularly with gloves), and even power-on time limits.

The same thing happened in the 90s with many using Radius radios that were not intended for the Public Safety market. I think some agencies were found negligent for not providing approved radios to first responders.

The Federal Government even puts a P25 restriction on radio grants.
(NXDN? No grant for you! - said in a Soup Nazi voice)

Anyway, the railroads will be migrating to that at some point in the future. Only some railyards are using it currently. The trains themselves will eventually go there, and that is a huge user for NXDN.

Joe M.

On 3/28/2018 11:53 PM, bob.peloquin@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

NXDN is a digital standard developed by Kenwood and Icom. It's
different from P25 DMR/MotoTRBO and EDACS Provoice such that it needs
different firmware to decode than the others and a different license key
to activate it.

While NXDN was not originally intended for public safety use, it's
becoming popular with some communities due to its lower cost to
implement than P25 and other trunked radio systems. I believe many of
the US train communications systems are using it too.

Bob - KB1VUA

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

avir lub

Tnx !!
Have a nice day.

בתאריך יום ה׳, 29 במרץ 2018, 06:53, מאת bob.peloquin@... [BCD436HP] ‏<BCD436HP@...>:

NXDN is a digital standard developed by Kenwood and Icom.  It's different from P25 DMR/MotoTRBO and EDACS Provoice such that it needs different firmware to decode than the others and a different license key to activate it.

While NXDN was not originally intended for public safety use, it's becoming popular with some communities due to its lower cost to implement than P25 and other trunked radio systems.  I believe many of the US train communications systems are using it too.

Bob - KB1VUA

John

Any time 😉

On Mar 28, 2018 9:16 PM, "philip gagnon gag6565@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Thank you so much. Can't wait I really appreciate that.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:13 PM, John johnstark@... [BCD436HP]

It's for both 436/536

<BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

avir lub

Hi,
Can u send me link for purchas NXDN?

לשירותכם תמיד,
לובטון אבי - 0504202315
מורה נהיגה.
יועץ נהיגה אלביט מערכות.
מדריך נהיגה מתקדמת.

"הפחד הגדול שלי שלא אספיק להציל די אנשים בעולם הזה"

בתאריך יום ה׳, 29 במרץ 2018, 08:52, מאת John johnstark@... [BCD436HP] ‏<BCD436HP@...>:

Any time 😉

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Droid
On Mar 28, 2018 9:16 PM, "philip gagnon gag6565@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Thank you so much. Can't wait I really appreciate that.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:13 PM, John johnstark@... [BCD436HP]

It's for both 436/536

<BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

Joe M.

my.uniden.com

Register your scanner. Click the NXDN key purchase link.

Joe M.

On 3/29/2018 3:24 PM, אבי לובטון drivetechsim@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

Hi,
Can u send me link for purchas NXDN?

לשירותכם תמיד,
לובטון אבי - 0504202315
מורה נהיגה.
יועץ נהיגה אלביט מערכות.
מדריך נהיגה מתקדמת.

"הפחד הגדול שלי שלא אספיק להציל די אנשים בעולם הזה"

בתאריך יום ה׳, 29 במרץ 2018, 08:52, מאת John johnstark@...
<mailto:johnstark@...> [BCD436HP] ‏<BCD436HP@...
<mailto:BCD436HP@...>>:

__

Any time 😉

<mailto:gag6565@...> [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...
<mailto:BCD436HP@...>> wrote:

Thank you so much. Can't wait I really appreciate that.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
<https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:13 PM, John
johnstark@... <mailto:johnstark@...>
[BCD436HP]
<BCD436HP@... <mailto:BCD436HP@...>>

It's for both 436/536

<mailto:gag6565@...> [BCD436HP]"
<BCD436HP@... <mailto:BCD436HP@...>>

dbwoodw@... <mailto:dbwoodw@...> [BCD436HP]
<BCD436HP@...

Jan Fine <janfine22@...>

On 3/29/2018 3:24 PM, אבי לובטון drivetechsim@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

Hi,
Can u send me link for purchas NXDN?

לשירותכם תמיד,
לובטון אבי - 0504202315
מורה נהיגה.
יועץ נהיגה אלביט מערכות.
מדריך נהיגה מתקדמת.

"הפחד הגדול שלי שלא אספיק להציל די אנשים בעולם הזה"

בתאריך יום ה׳, 29 במרץ 2018, 08:52, מאת John johnstark@... [BCD436HP] ‏<BCD436HP@...>:

Any time 😉

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Droid
On Mar 28, 2018 9:16 PM, "philip gagnon gag6565@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Thank you so much. Can't wait I really appreciate that.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:13 PM, John johnstark@... [BCD436HP]
It's for both 436/536