BCD436HP NXDN

Don Woodward

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot.  Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP 

Les

The procedure for getting the upgrade and installing it similar to what it was for the DMR and Provoice upgrades ?
I was thinking I would refer back to that.  I saw the notice for the firmware upgrade - is the NXDN upgrade and the new firmware notice related ?

Les

From: BCD436HP@... on behalf of Don Woodward dbwoodw@... [BCD436HP]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:57 PM
To: bcd436hp@...
Subject: [BCD436HP] BCD436HP NXDN

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot.  Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP 

Joe M.

The procesure is identical save for clicking the NXDN key purchase link rather than the PV or DMR key purchase links on my.uniden.com

The latest firmware is required to enter the NXDN key.

Joe M.

On 3/28/2018 8:48 PM, Les shew lsa12@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

The procedure for getting the upgrade and installing it similar to what
it was for the DMR and Provoice upgrades ?
I was thinking I would refer back to that. I saw the notice for the
firmware upgrade - is the NXDN upgrade and the new firmware notice related ?

Les
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don Woodward dbwoodw@... [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...>
*Sent:* Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:57 PM
*To:* bcd436hp@...
*Subject:* [BCD436HP] BCD436HP NXDN

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from
radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
Virus-free. www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

philip gagnon

Hi this is Phil Gagnon I'm a veteran with PTSD and I also work as a CI, is this update also going to be for the 536hp. I have a question for you I run mine to my Predator laptop and I have the frequencies all laid out I can record I can go to different repeaters around the country can the 436 do that and have you upgraded to that. I also have a ham radio you talk on sideband a lot on my Yaesu I have a Ranger 2970 N4 and a sweet 16 have you ever considered doing stuff like that? It's pretty fun Blown Away people with a couple s units 3000 watts is a lot I don't normally use the Henry but the sweet 16 I'll pull it down to 1400 W and have fun disturbing the peace LOL.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:37 PM, Don Woodward dbwoodw@... [BCD436HP]
wrote:

Don W
KD4APP 

John

Yes it's the same process. Firmware takes care of other things as well, but the NXDN is apart of the firmware as are DMR and PV. The optional modes only work if you have the keys for them.

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Droid

On Mar 28, 2018 8:48 PM, "Les shew lsa12@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

The procedure for getting the upgrade and installing it similar to what it was for the DMR and Provoice upgrades ?
I was thinking I would refer back to that. I saw the notice for the firmware upgrade - is the NXDN upgrade and the new firmware notice related ?

Les

From: BCD436HP@... <BCD436HP@...> on behalf of Don Woodward dbwoodw@... [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...>

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

Joe M.

Not "going to be".... IS! :-)

Not sure what recording you're talking about.

Admitting to federal offenses in forums is never a good idea.

Joe M.

On 3/28/2018 8:58 PM, philip gagnon gag6565@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

Hi this is Phil Gagnon I'm a veteran with PTSD and I also work as a CI,
is this update also going to be for the 536hp. I have a question for you
I run mine to my Predator laptop and I have the frequencies all laid out
I can record I can go to different repeaters around the country can the
436 do that and have you upgraded to that. I also have a ham radio you
talk on sideband a lot on my Yaesu I have a Ranger 2970 N4 and a sweet
16 have you ever considered doing stuff like that? It's pretty fun Blown
Away people with a couple s units 3000 watts is a lot I don't normally
use the Henry but the sweet 16 I'll pull it down to 1400 W and have fun
disturbing the peace LOL.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
<https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:37 PM, Don Woodward dbwoodw@...
[BCD436HP]
<BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from
radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

Virus-free. www.avg.com

philip gagnon

Okay thank you so much when I hook it up and probably tomorrow do the update thank you so much I really appreciate that. Have a great night Philip

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:07 PM, John johnstark@... [BCD436HP]
wrote:

Yes it's the same process. Firmware takes care of other things as well, but the NXDN is apart of the firmware as are DMR and PV. The optional modes only work if you have the keys for them.

On Mar 28, 2018 8:48 PM, "Les shew lsa12@... [BCD436HP]" wrote:

I was thinking I would refer back to that. I saw the notice for the firmware upgrade - is the NXDN upgrade and the new firmware notice related ?

Les

From: BCD436HP@... on behalf of Don Woodward dbwoodw@... [BCD436HP]

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

John

It's for both 436/536

On Mar 28, 2018 8:58 PM, "philip gagnon gag6565@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Hi this is Phil Gagnon I'm a veteran with PTSD and I also work as a CI, is this update also going to be for the 536hp. I have a question for you I run mine to my Predator laptop and I have the frequencies all laid out I can record I can go to different repeaters around the country can the 436 do that and have you upgraded to that. I also have a ham radio you talk on sideband a lot on my Yaesu I have a Ranger 2970 N4 and a sweet 16 have you ever considered doing stuff like that? It's pretty fun Blown Away people with a couple s units 3000 watts is a lot I don't normally use the Henry but the sweet 16 I'll pull it down to 1400 W and have fun disturbing the peace LOL.

<BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Don W
KD4APP

Posted by: philip gagnon <gag6565@...>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (50)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

philip gagnon

Thank you so much. Can't wait I really appreciate that.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:13 PM, John johnstark@... [BCD436HP]
wrote:

It's for both 436/536

On Mar 28, 2018 8:58 PM, "philip gagnon gag6565@... [BCD436HP]" wrote:

wrote:

Don W
KD4APP

Posted by: philip gagnon
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (50)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Les

Thanks.

Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone

------ Original message------
Date: Wed, Mar 28, 2018 8:56 PM
To: BCD436HP@...;
Cc:
Subject:Re: [BCD436HP] Re: BCD436HP NXDN

The procesure is identical save for clicking the NXDN key purchase link
rather than the PV or DMR key purchase links on my.uniden.com

The latest firmware is required to enter the NXDN key.

Joe M.

On 3/28/2018 8:48 PM, Les shew lsa12@... [BCD436HP] wrote:
>
>
> The procedure for getting the upgrade and installing it similar to what
> it was for the DMR and Provoice upgrades ?
> I was thinking I would refer back to that.  I saw the notice for the
> firmware upgrade - is the NXDN upgrade and the new firmware notice related ?
>
> Les
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* BCD436HP@... on behalf of
> Don Woodward dbwoodw@... [BCD436HP]
> *Sent:* Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:57 PM
> *To:* bcd436hp@...
> *Subject:* [BCD436HP] BCD436HP NXDN
>
> Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from
> radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot.  Sounds great!
>
> Don W
> KD4APP
>
>
>
>
>
>
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
>        Virus-free. www.avg.com
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
>
>
> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BCD436HP/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BCD436HP/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    BCD436HP-digest@...
    BCD436HP-fullfeatured@...

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    BCD436HP-unsubscribe@...

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
    https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

avir lub

Hi, 
Can you explain to me what is NXDN?

לשירותכם תמיד,
לובטון אבי - 0504202315
מורה נהיגה.
יועץ נהיגה אלביט מערכות.
מדריך נהיגה מתקדמת.

"הפחד הגדול שלי שלא אספיק להציל די אנשים בעולם הזה"

בתאריך יום ה׳, 29 במרץ 2018, 03:37, מאת Don Woodward dbwoodw@... [BCD436HP] ‏<BCD436HP@...>:

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from my MMDVM hotspot.  Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP 

bob_peloquin

NXDN is a digital standard developed by Kenwood and Icom.  It's different from P25 DMR/MotoTRBO and EDACS Provoice such that it needs different firmware to decode than the others and a different license key to activate it.

While NXDN was not originally intended for public safety use, it's becoming popular with some communities due to its lower cost to implement than P25 and other trunked radio systems.  I believe many of the US train communications systems are using it too.

Bob - KB1VUA

Joe M.

Generally speaking, the NXDN radios are not "Public Safety rated". Yes, many PS agencies are using them. But P25 is the recommended mode for PS digital communications and the radios that support P25 are "Public Safety rated". There is a whole slew of specs that go into that rating including durability, ease of use (particularly with gloves), and even power-on time limits.

The same thing happened in the 90s with many using Radius radios that were not intended for the Public Safety market. I think some agencies were found negligent for not providing approved radios to first responders.

The Federal Government even puts a P25 restriction on radio grants.
(NXDN? No grant for you! - said in a Soup Nazi voice)

Anyway, the railroads will be migrating to that at some point in the future. Only some railyards are using it currently. The trains themselves will eventually go there, and that is a huge user for NXDN.

Joe M.

On 3/28/2018 11:53 PM, bob.peloquin@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

NXDN is a digital standard developed by Kenwood and Icom. It's
different from P25 DMR/MotoTRBO and EDACS Provoice such that it needs
different firmware to decode than the others and a different license key
to activate it.

While NXDN was not originally intended for public safety use, it's
becoming popular with some communities due to its lower cost to
implement than P25 and other trunked radio systems. I believe many of
the US train communications systems are using it too.

Bob - KB1VUA

Virus-free. www.avg.com

avir lub

Tnx !! 
Have a nice day.

לשירותכם תמיד,
לובטון אבי - 0504202315
מורה נהיגה.
יועץ נהיגה אלביט מערכות.
מדריך נהיגה מתקדמת.

בתאריך יום ה׳, 29 במרץ 2018, 06:53, מאת bob.peloquin@... [BCD436HP] ‏<BCD436HP@...>:

NXDN is a digital standard developed by Kenwood and Icom.  It's different from P25 DMR/MotoTRBO and EDACS Provoice such that it needs different firmware to decode than the others and a different license key to activate it.

While NXDN was not originally intended for public safety use, it's becoming popular with some communities due to its lower cost to implement than P25 and other trunked radio systems.  I believe many of the US train communications systems are using it too.

Bob - KB1VUA

John

Any time 😉

On Mar 28, 2018 9:16 PM, "philip gagnon gag6565@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

<BCD436HP@...> wrote:

It's for both 436/536

On Mar 28, 2018 8:58 PM, "philip gagnon gag6565@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

<BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Don W
KD4APP

avir lub

Hi, 
Can u send me link for purchas NXDN?

לשירותכם תמיד,
לובטון אבי - 0504202315
מורה נהיגה.
יועץ נהיגה אלביט מערכות.
מדריך נהיגה מתקדמת.

בתאריך יום ה׳, 29 במרץ 2018, 08:52, מאת John johnstark@... [BCD436HP] ‏<BCD436HP@...>:

Any time 😉

On Mar 28, 2018 9:16 PM, "philip gagnon gag6565@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

<BCD436HP@...> wrote:

It's for both 436/536

<BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Don W
KD4APP

Joe M.

my.uniden.com

Register your scanner. Click the NXDN key purchase link.

Joe M.

On 3/29/2018 3:24 PM, אבי לובטון drivetechsim@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

Hi,
Can u send me link for purchas NXDN?

לשירותכם תמיד,
לובטון אבי - 0504202315
מורה נהיגה.
יועץ נהיגה אלביט מערכות.
מדריך נהיגה מתקדמת.

בתאריך יום ה׳, 29 במרץ 2018, 08:52, מאת John johnstark@...
<mailto:johnstark@...> [BCD436HP] ‏<BCD436HP@...
<mailto:BCD436HP@...>>:

__

Any time 😉

/Sent from my Verizon Motorola Droid/
On Mar 28, 2018 9:16 PM, "philip gagnon gag6565@...
<mailto:gag6565@...> [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...
<mailto:BCD436HP@...>> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:13 PM, John
johnstark@... <mailto:johnstark@...>
[BCD436HP]
<BCD436HP@... <mailto:BCD436HP@...>>
wrote:

It's for both 436/536

/Sent from my Verizon Motorola Droid/
On Mar 28, 2018 8:58 PM, "philip gagnon gag6565@...
<mailto:gag6565@...> [BCD436HP]"
<BCD436HP@... <mailto:BCD436HP@...>>
wrote:

Hi this is Phil Gagnon I'm a veteran with PTSD and I
also work as a CI, is this update also going to be for
the 536hp. I have a question for you I run mine to my
Predator laptop and I have the frequencies all laid out
I can record I can go to different repeaters around the
country can the 436 do that and have you upgraded to
that. I also have a ham radio you talk on sideband a lot
on my Yaesu I have a Ranger 2970 N4 and a sweet 16 have
you ever considered doing stuff like that? It's pretty
fun Blown Away people with a couple s units 3000 watts
is a lot I don't normally use the Henry but the sweet 16
I'll pull it down to 1400 W and have fun disturbing the
peace LOL.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:37 PM, Don Woodward
dbwoodw@... <mailto:dbwoodw@...> [BCD436HP]
<BCD436HP@...
<mailto:BCD436HP@...>> wrote:

Upgraded firmware, purchased NXDN key, programmed
NXDN channel from radio and listening to NXDN from
my MMDVM hotspot. Sounds great!

Don W
KD4APP

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Jan Fine <janfine22@...>

On 3/29/2018 3:24 PM, אבי לובטון drivetechsim@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

Hi, 
Can u send me link for purchas NXDN?

לשירותכם תמיד,
לובטון אבי - 0504202315
מורה נהיגה.
יועץ נהיגה אלביט מערכות.
מדריך נהיגה מתקדמת.

בתאריך יום ה׳, 29 במרץ 2018, 08:52, מאת John johnstark@... [BCD436HP] ‏<BCD436HP@...>:

Any time 😉

<BCD436HP@...> wrote:
It's for both 436/536

<BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Don W
KD4APP